Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Newbie Speed Control Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 AM
JohnMoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Speed Control Question

Just about to get back into the hobby, and I think my firend has a misunderstanding of the rules. He has a Tekin RS Speed control and a Reedy 17.5 brushless motor,(lipo batts). He ssems to think that when he runs in stock classes, he needs to have the speed control on the lowest Profile. I read his instructions and can't see where any setting on the SC would give you any kind of above stock boost and I found nothing mentioning it in the ROAR rules. Any idea what he's talking about or if there is something that he may be misunderastanding.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
kaycerc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie Speed Control Question

ORIGINAL: JohnMoh

Just about to get back into the hobby, and I think my firend has a misunderstanding of the rules. He has a Tekin RS Speed control and a Reedy 17.5 brushless motor,(lipo batts). He ssems to think that when he runs in stock classes, he needs to have the speed control on the lowest Profile. I read his instructions and can't see where any setting on the SC would give you any kind of above stock boost and I found nothing mentioning it in the ROAR rules. Any idea what he's talking about or if there is something that he may be misunderastanding.
I'm fairly certain that the RS's software is "updateable" through the company's Hot Wire of the Internet, but what he's probably talking about is what's being called "Blinky Mode" many tracks are adopting to keeping people that are using updates and boostable ESCs from going too fast for stock class racing.
http://www.teamtekin.com/rs.html