Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

A car and glow plug question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 07:33 PM
jasonw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A car and glow plug question?

Ok first of all I am only linking the pictures do to there size. The car is a KYOSHO GP Spyder MK2 the picture is here I comonly run this car way harder than it was intended. It is the 2wd version. The motor most of the time gets verry hot and the car gets banged around. Anyway. Dose anyoen know of any mods I can get to cater to this kind of abuse? The glow plugs found here the 2 plugs on the left are ones I got for the car when the old one burned out. There is a short one and a long one. The one on the right is one I took from a K&B .61 I recently got off rcairport from a boat. First of all I have been running the car with the plug in the middle. Wich plug do you think would be the best to use? Second what is the diference of a long and short plug other than the obviouse size? What dose the longer plug do that the shorter dose not? Also as you can see ok the plug that came out of the K&B it has a bar going over the buisness end of it. What it that bar for? Well thats about all I have for now. Thansk in advance for any helpo anyone can give.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:31 PM
hasbeen

if i remember correctly, the difference in long and short glo plugs is cooling. long plugs run cooler than short ones. the bar across the end of the plug is an idle bar, it keeps fuel from getting on the glowing element and cooling it off too much so it "goes out". i'd suggest contacting the motor manufacture for the correct glo plug to use.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:48 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

Sorry hasbeen, but the difference between long and short glowplugs is the size engine they were made for. I'm honestly not sure what size engine you have there as I'm not really familiar with that car but if it is a .15 or less you must not use the longer plugs! They could hit the top of the piston and cause severe engine damage. I will say that hasbeen hit the nail on the head by saying to contact Kyosho to get thier advice. They will know better than anyone. Local hobby shop should also be able to provide some help.