Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I need help for finding the right RC Car

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I need help for finding the right RC Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:58 AM
gtabh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help for finding the right RC Car

I have searched for a while, trying to find the right RC car for me, but with no luck.
Also I am 13 years old, with no experience in rc cars.
Also I come from Denmark so all grammar and words may not be correct.

My parents are divorced recently, my father lives in a city and my mother lives in a really small town without asphalt. So I am not sure if i shall buy a offroader or a onroader, maybe I should just buy some different tires to put on.

I just want to drive around with it for fun, not racing but maybe driving with my friend sometimes.

I dont want to spend more than 250 dollars if I can get it for lower where its still durable.

I dont have any ideas for scale but not a mini rc car, and not to big either.

I want my power source to be electric, I want it to be durable so I can make some jumps without be to scared that it brake.

My RC car shall be ready to run, and i dont want to much maintenance on it.

I think I will repair my car alone if it brakes, but i dont hope that get nessecary, but im not sure so please write what you think.

I hope that you can help me

Last edited by gtabh; 10-18-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like off road would be a good start, you can get some road tires for an off road, but it doesnt work as well the other way around.

do any of theses appeal to you:

buggy

[HR][/HR]

stadium truck

[HR][/HR]

short course truck

[HR][/HR]

or monster truck
Old 11-05-2013, 09:23 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum, Big shout out to Denmark

on road vs off road
well as much fun on road is..... It's just not as fun as off-road. Dirt is pretty cool
the great part of off road vehicles is they are good on road aswell, its recommended fitting on road tyres, because off road tyres don't last very long on road

for or ur price range I would recommend either a Stadium truck or a Short Course Truck (SCT)
compared to other traditional 1/10 scale RC they are slightly bigger and have awesome offroad handling capabilities.

generally I would recomend getting something from a big manufacture like losi, Team Accioated, HPI and Traxxas but I have no idea what part availability is going to be like where u live.

I would recommend having a look in Denmark to see what manufactures/brands are around... Even check online... And report back
Old 11-05-2013, 10:25 PM
gtabh

I am searching around for a Stadium Truck right now on google. Thanks for your replys
Old 11-09-2013, 07:52 AM
gtabh

I have found this RC Car
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...io-Black-Green
And i just want to ask what you think about the car.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:25 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Although I don't have one, I have heard good things about it. Parts should be available for upgrades and repairs too.

Only draw back is the battery it comes with, the capacity is a bit low. Something in the 4000 to 5000 mah should give a solid 30 minutes of runtime, up to 45 minutes. Stock battery about 15 minutes or so. Everyone will recommend lipo batteries, and I agree, but that would require a new charger.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:38 AM
gtabh

I have also seen some good reviews from customers at http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-_-ECX03006#t1.
And if I think the battery time gets to low, then I can just buy a new battery and a new charger.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:38 PM
gtabh

I would like to see some more RC Cars that people think would be good for me. Please send some links.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:26 AM
gtabh

Now I'm looking at the Traxxas Slash 4x4 1/16 does anyone have a good/bad experience with that?
Old 11-10-2013, 01:53 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

if you really want it I'd get the revo over it as it has a wider wheel base(slightly longer arms), has a diff body, and diff tires outside those 3 things they are the same thing part for part.

I have the revo, and honestly wish I didn't get it as it took quite a bit in cash to make it feel right, and make it durable (chassis likes to crack at a place the plastic is almost paper thin)
Old 11-10-2013, 05:11 PM
domindart
My Feedback: (1)

The slash is a popular short course truck. Actually, all the trucks Kistner posted are popular and fun. I'm in the market for a E-maxx. Its a monster truck. I want to bash, no racing but open to racing maybe in future. Unfortunately, I may have to buy another type of truck later to race. They don't race monster truck much anymore so I hear. I want a monster truck cause bashing over rough terrain is fun. I'm not sure which I 'll buy, used or new but I'm looking for a good used one now . TMaxx seems to be more popular than the EMaxx. Well on my Craigslist at least. I'm also looking at Ebay. My budget or where I want to spend is around $250 at most for a good used. Any more and I can just about get a new at Ebay for $415 BUT I still need to buy batteries and I think a charger. So used seems more affordable for me. I think I may look for a brushed waterproof Emaxx and later convert to brushless
Old 11-10-2013, 05:50 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Id get the ECX torment over the 1/16 traxxas. sure, it is 4wd but it is also much smaller. the torment will do better over more different terrains. it will also jump better. and 2wd generally means less parts that can break.
I beat on my torment for 2 years. I only sold it to focus on racing, and the team associated SC10 is better suited for that.
In the USA, the torment is $150 shipped, which is a great price for a RTR with a decent motor, speed control and 2.4ghz radio. The stock battery is fair, but you will want to include the cost of a 7.2v 5000mah nimh battery and possibly a better charger. All RTR models have slow chargers.
1/10 scale is a better "all around" scale for rc models. smaller models cant do well in grass or soft sand/dirt. Or snow.
The ecx is nearly as fun on pavement as it is on dirt. It will traction roll if pushed to hard when turning, but it leans into a turn and that allows you to turn tight without over doing it and flipping over.
1/10 SCT trucks are great for beginners (and every) as they take a beating and hold up well. The large body and large bumpers absorb a lot of the impacts from crashes. They also tend to jump decent and are not hard to drive.