Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

WTB: decent Mini Heli setup

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

WTB: decent Mini Heli setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 02:39 AM
sambryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: decent Mini Heli setup

Hey there guys. I was in Japan a year ago and saw the craziest thing. A Mini Electric copter flying around the celing of the store. I of course went to buy one instantly but realized the price was about 860000 Yen or 86 somethin which roughly equalled around 800 bux. Well I really didn't want to eat rice for the rest of my trip so I had to pass. And like all great american customs that relate to the Japanese toy market I had to wait till they showed up over here. I played a mini copter simulator on Xbox called Petit copter and man it is like my favorite game outside of Halo! That tided me over for a bit. Actually I never really checked for US prices until a few days ago. Over a year later.

Well I really want one now especially since I have seen the kits on ebay for 200 bux. I have a kid on the way so of course my buget is tight. I used to run 10th scale RC sedans locally so I am aware of how fast the RC extras add up! Basically I want something I can fly around in my house. Maybe someday I will upgrade it to try to do outdoor tricks but for now it will be an in the house hobby. Maybe I will take it to the sedan track and do some flybys .... Anyway what is the best thing to go with? I see the Piccolo and the Hummingbird seem to be favorites. I am hoping to get a full kit radio, servos, Speed control? (I am sure it is called something else in Heliland) Anyway if someone has anything to sell maybe they are wanting out of the hobby I would be interested in picking up their old gear.

So I am looking for something fun, reliable, easy to find parts for....

Suggestions WELCOMED also any offers WELCOMED!

Please e-mail [email protected]
Old 09-29-2003, 09:45 AM
flip3d

Default RE: WTB: decent Mini Heli setup

go to www.helihobby.com
they will have every thing u need
and i recamend the piccolo fp not the pro.
i have one and it just flys great..

philip
Old 09-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Dr. Krass

I am also interested in a mini heli setup. I was just curious how difficult they are to learn to fly. I am a complete heli n00b, but x-pert r/c car driver.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:48 AM
edit 21

im the same as you mate , been into heli's for all of 3 weeks , i have a humming bird and its fantastic , great for the beginner , just make sure that all ya favorate furnature is wrapped up in cardboard lol.
i have had the kit 3 weeks and have now got control of using the yaw controls , took me about 2 weeks to hover under full control, just make sure u get the c of g right and the blades are pretty well balenced , mine will almost hover now with hands off !
Old 09-30-2003, 01:20 AM
sambryan

Ok after some research I have learned that flying a helicopter without collective pitch is a bit harder than without. Is that true? I know you cannot do stunts but I hear just hovering is a trick and a half.....

Anyone have any suggestions on this? I could get the piccolo kit and eventually get the collective pitch kit. This would also require me getting at least a 5 channel radio. I think the stakes just went up on the cost with the addition of collective Pitch.

I don't know of any kits that include a radio and colelctive pitch ... not to mention I hear that the lits come with crappy servos and what not anyways......

Ug I think I opened a giant can of worms in this hobby.... Getting a little discouraged but... I still want to give it a go!

Sam