Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Cleaning my 1/5 Buggy Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Taniv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning my 1/5 Buggy Help

Hey,

I recently bought a aowei yama buggy petrol 1/5, and its a nice experience to change from electric to petrol something different. But the question is

" HOW DO I CLEAN IT"

I have read that i can use AIR COMPRESSOR i found one could you tell me if that would do its role to clean the buggy? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Automot...air+compressor

Use WD-40 on the parts of the car not all of them like bearings etc.

after cleaning use the lubes and grease to put on bearings.

Can i use water to get rid of the mud ? or do i have to take all the electronics out?

I would like to see your point of view and whats the best for me, to not brake the car and it can work for long time, also if you clean yours then tell me how and if my ideas are good or bad?

Any help will be good!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:52 AM
rcguy1411

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If my trucks are covered with mud i put a bag over the carb filter secured well with an elastic band and hose it down with the garden hose and simple green or dish soap rince well and dry then i ll remove carb filter clean as per manufacture then dry truck with towel ( compressed air it you have it ) i also open radio box and check for water and dirt clean dry as needed after all is clean check and lube as nessisarry
Old 01-15-2014, 03:39 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

depends on what u mean by clean...if u are just cleaning off dust and dirt generally all they need is a good blow out with compresses air and a wipe over with a wet disposable wipe.

my recommendation is to avoid mud. it makes one hell of a mess.
for really muddy cars I recommend cleaning with a tooth brush and a tub of soapy water.
say with my 5ive, I remove the motor, radio tray and fuel tank and clean it in sections.

Just be careful with water it can cause rust so always dry with compressed air after cleaning with water
Old 01-16-2014, 02:11 AM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I always do to all my cars... (no rust or any other issue in 26 years)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZeRzcNM4A