Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

covering around corners

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

covering around corners

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 05:26 PM
jdwardus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default covering around corners

im trying to cover my kadet senoir nose and i cant keep the rinkles out its driving me crazy im using monokote is there a place where i can get help any help preciated
Old 10-05-2003, 10:03 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: covering around corners

Don't be afraid to really pull and stretch the monokote when you need to. Use plenty of heat, too. And finally, remember that the plane will look great when it is flying, no matter what it looks like up close (don't be too picky).
Old 10-06-2003, 01:18 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heat the covering until it's a little rubbery and pull it around the corner. Hold it till the covering cools. It's a fine line between a lot of stretch and tearing a hole in the covering, but you do have to pull it pretty good to get it to lay down around corners. Also, I highly recommend either Faye Stilleys books or the Higley series of books (Tom's Techniques) for learning the finer points of covering. Available from RCM, I think.

Rein
Old 10-06-2003, 02:03 PM
Kaos Rulz

If after 45 to 60 minutes of covering, your thumb muscels aren't a little fatigued, you're not pulling hard enough. GOTTA PULL on Monokoat!