Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

what truck to by, finding a good one is hard

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what truck to by, finding a good one is hard

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 11:07 AM
flyer123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what truck to by, finding a good one is hard

These are the cars i'm looking at and their prices.

Associated RC10GT RTR- 284.99

Duratrax Nitro evader ST RTR-259.99

Duratrax Maximum ST PRO w/ torq .16 RTR-259.99

" " Overdrive ST W/Vel .17 RTR- 299.97

HPI Nitro Rush RTR- 259.99

Kyosho GP Ultima ST Sports RTR- 219.99

Traxxas Nitro Stampede RTR- 289.99

" " Nitro Rustler RTR w/2.5 engine- 299.99

" " Nitro Sport SE RTR w/.15- 244.99

Well theres the list of cars that I have looked at. So far my favorite is the nito rustler with 2.5 because it looks well made and is fast and durable. If there are any others out there in this price range let me know. Also I what to know what ones I can cross off the list because they are crappy. I am new and would like your advice. Also can the Rustler back up? I know one of the duratrax ones can. Also these prices are off of tower hobbies so if there are any cheaper sites I would appreciate you telling me, LOL. Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.

P.S I need to know soon because i'm getting one by the end of this week.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:16 AM
injectedsmile16

Default RE: what truck to by, finding a good one is hard

The two best IMO in that list are the N-Rustler and the RC10GT. It depends on what you will be doing with the car. Are you going to race or just bash? If you race I dont think some events let you use reverse but I am pretty sure the Rustler has reverse. Also another truck you should look at is the Cen MT2 that goes for 289.99 at www.rcmodels.com It is a 4wd with a .16 in it and is capable of speeds of 45+. The only problem with it is the radio which can be fixed easily. Let me know more of what you want to do with your truck and I can help more...later
Old 10-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Skyrunner

Is the radio a problem in all the cen rtr cars? I was planning on getting one myself too. And if it exists in all models, how to solve it?
Old 10-05-2003, 03:20 PM
injectedsmile16

I have not heard of problems in the other Cen models just the MT2 but a way to fix it is to get a new radio and reciever you can get both at your LHS or most online shops that deal with RC stuff.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:13 PM
R/C car guy

[link=http://ultimatehobbies.com]ultimatehobbies.com[/link] has excelent prices. they are the cheapest place i have found. they have most of the popular r/c cars and trucks so they should have whatever you decide to get.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:32 PM
flyer123

i am seriouly thinking about the traxxas nitro rustler, any comments on that?
Old 10-05-2003, 07:54 PM
kennebell50

I had one for awhile. Its really really fast, but it handles poorly and when you wreck your sure to break something. If you feel the need for a stadium truck try thr RC10, but if you want an all around great truck try and HPI Savage .25 RTR.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:04 PM
flyer123

i can't afford a savage, and don't really want an RC10 because I heard they're hard to start, plus the Rustler has that electric started which I like. What do you mean the Rustler handels poorly, and what can you do to fix it?
Old 10-06-2003, 04:00 PM
injectedsmile16

For handling you can get offset rims, which are like 10-25 bucks a pair. You can lower it. I dont know how but I know there is a way to. Also if the steering isnt to great on it you can always get a new metal gear servo which is about 30-60 bucks.Also about the starting any new car you get will be hard to start because of compression, even with electric start you can have problems.