Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Who uses After Run Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 02:49 PM
BlackFox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who uses After Run Oil?

just wondering, my father uses it in his planes.

what does it do? just lube it up for the next startup?

after i run out of gas, and my car stalls, i just try to start the motor till it runs out of fuel in the carb to clear it, then im done....
Old 10-06-2003, 03:16 PM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Who uses After Run Oil?

after run oil.. prevents the engine from rusting up if you store it or if you leave it in a moisture prone area. You don't want ot put in too much otherwise you'd kill the engine, but you do want to put in just enough.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Nitroaddict

boy - everyone outta be responding yes to this one.

im not going to reiterate what otter said, because he hit it right on - however, u should use ARO even if u live in a dry climate - it also helps keep parts lubed, so there isnt so much friction during intial start up. i put a couple of drops in my carbs everytime i run. small prie to pay for insurance, right?
Old 10-06-2003, 04:08 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Sheetmetal. I gotta go put some in my car.. havent used it in a while..lol
ram
Old 10-06-2003, 04:19 PM
injectedsmile16

I use after run oil after every single run with my savage and I have with every other nitro car I have had. Some people say dont use it after every run but I say definately. For 2-3 bucks, you cant really go wrong and it only takes 2 minutes to put it in. I just took my Savage apart cuz i lost motor mount screws and I even have it in there now until to go get more screws. Just use it.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:36 PM
d16z6

I don't and here's why...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

I put my faith in the fuels' rust inhibitors as well as that built up protective layer of castor varnish (plus whatever else is in there) rather than using the AFO. AFO besides being an oil is also a solvent and will break down the surfaces' built up protective layers (you do want that layer of castor varnish) and other particulates (think oxides/rust) which will circulate throughout the engine and this is where the real damage starts to ensure as these washed out debris will rather act as abbrasives running through the engines, esp in those tight tolerance places.

This is how I feel about AFO/MMO.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:43 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

the only time I use after run is if im not going to be running my car for a week or more. I usually just let the engine run the tank dry, which is basically the same thing as draining the tank and trying to restart it.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:43 PM
puchinator

i dont use it, but i just got my first car. i might use it, but i plan to run my car every day.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Mr. RCGuy

I dont use ARO, never will unless somewhere in the future I see ABC engines start to produce rust, just let the fuel additives do the work.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:03 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

I have always used oil in my engines, In my opinion its not so critical as to what you use as long as it coats the engine and has rust inhibitor in it.

I have used all kinds including the stuff marketed as after run oil. Right now I currently use Liquid wrench in my engines. Seems to work just like any other oil, although I bathe mine in the stuff. Some say a couple of drops, I squirt it in and make sure there is plenty to get down into the bearing and so forth.

Lots of different opinions on this topic....Pick one.

Dbow