Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Can the carb fuel nipple on a G 62 be rotated?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Can the carb fuel nipple on a G 62 be rotated?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 03:22 AM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Can the carb fuel nipple on a G 62 be rotated?

Was wondering if the carb fuel nipple on my G 62 be rotated so it's not facing away from the engine? Would like it parallel
with the engine to keep the fuel line inside the cowl. Can it be pulled out and re installed in the correct position.
Thanks,
Fred
Old 12-01-2014, 04:48 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are pressed in and usually once you remove them and reinstall them they leak. It is best to remove it and replace it with a new one positioned the way you want it before you press it in. I have also removed them and soldered in a piece of brass tubing instead of the factory elbow/fitting.
Remove the carb,but it in a vise and use a set of vise-grips as it takes a bit of force to remove it.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:41 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There are all metal ones from Walbro.

The plastic ones have a serrated brass tube inside and when you try to remove them the plastic breaks off.

You can get new ones of both styles from Horizon but with their crazy web site you may have to call the people to get one?

Back ordered . . .
plastic
http://www.horizonhobby.com/zenoah-f...e-zen267021250
All metal
http://www.horizonhobby.com/walbro-t...152%29-zen6275

In Stock . . .
http://www.davesmotors.com/128-166-w...e-fitting.html

Last edited by w8ye; 12-01-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:50 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is the plastic one, it has a brass piece inside the plastic that goes into the carb. A good way to get it out is to tap the inside of it 4-40, then screw a 4-40 bolt in to force the brass piece out.

As has been mentioned, that brass piece is thick enough that you could drill it out to 1/8" and solder a tube into it, fashioned to point any way you want it.

AV8TOR