Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jerry Caudle and Superman

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jerry Caudle and Superman

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jerry Caudle and Superman

I just wanted to say what a great time I had at Superman this year!!! Jerry promised that this year would be different...Better crowd control, time limits on pin-outs, mandatory DSC, etc., and etc. The man kept his word and did he ever deliver!!! I NEVER once had to wait for my frequency. Those of you that thought the fees were too high missed a great event. (Funny how some guys will buy all the best for their planes but balked at the higher fees) Never at any time was the crowd an issue this year. Jerry has hit the formula for success and I'm looking forward to many more years of Superman rallies!!!

Jerry, my hat is off to you, your family, and to all of the others that gave their time to make this event a success....

Kevin
Old 10-08-2003, 10:59 AM
diceman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jerry Caudle and Superman

SuperMan

15 Years of Excellence !!!!

Need we say more
Old 10-08-2003, 11:39 AM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin,
Most the guys from west coast can't attend due to cost of airline, shipping and work.
The economy take a dip. So most the guys can't afford loosing 2-3 weeks pay to attend the best event.
The average cost $700-$1500 just to get out there. Not including take a vacation time.
The fee at the event is just the fraction. I'll to pay $100 for good event if it just 4-10 hrs of driving.
So I don't thinks peoples complaining about the fee.
I was there 3 years ago. I love it.
Planning for FL and SP 2004.

Brg,
Tam
Old 10-08-2003, 12:32 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: tampipes

Kevin,

So I don't thinks peoples complaining about the fee.
I was there 3 years ago. I love it.
Planning for FL and SP 2004.

Brg,
Tam
This year was my second time missing Superman since the past 12 years.
I missed it because of the following reasons:

Oct 1st - Daughters birthday
Oct 3rd - Wedding anniversary
Oct 8th (today) – Wife’s birthday.

In consideration with the forgoing, it was unfair for someone to make the type of comment I heard that was made about absentee pilots during pilots meeting at Superman this year. I would advice that a public apology be made ASAP with regards to the statement. I’ve heard from many people that attended the event about how disappointed they were because of the statement, but unfortunately nobody wants to bring it up.

I know that I am going to receive a lot of flak by stating my factual facts so bring it on boys. I have a broad shoulder and will stand behind any public statement I make.

FWIW, I have an utmost respect for Jerry and I hope he would step up and correct his mistakes.

Ben ( the disappointed one)
Old 10-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Ben.....Tell Barb & Tiffiny I said "Happy Birthday"[8D]
Old 10-08-2003, 03:03 PM
ghost_rider

ORIGINAL: Terry Holston

Hey Ben.....Tell Barb & Tiffiny I said "Happy Birthday"[8D]
Will do
Old 10-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Kevin Greene

Ben,

Those that missed the event due to personal obligations, work, and distance were not the ones that were chastised. There was a whole lot of whining and crying over the higher fees here on RCU. Many guys proclaimed that they were not attending for this reason. Do you want me to do a seach and find them for all to see???? It was all on the old RCU. This is what was brought up at Superman. It is funny how we spend THOUSANDS of $$$ on this hobby but another few bucks are added to an entry fee and the whole world comes to an end. Those that snubbed their noses and boycotted due to a few more $$$ missed a helluva good time and a much better run event...

Kevin
Old 10-08-2003, 04:23 PM
ghost_rider

ORIGINAL: Kevin Greene

Ben,

Those that missed the event due to personal obligations, work, and distance were not the ones that were chastised. Kevin
Kevin

Based on what I heard, no distinction was made. Even those that did not attend because of $$ should not be chastised because nobody knows what type of financial problems they are going through.

I guess those of us that missed the event this year are no longer welcomed to come back.

To be honest with you, I was disappointed when I heard what was said. This is my story and I am sticking to it.

Regards

Ben
Old 10-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Terry Holston

I guess those of us that missed the event this year are no longer welcomed to come back.
Yeah........And those of us that WERE yelled at.... were told we would be welcomed back next year![8D]

Send in your Preentry......... and see if Jerry sends it back....LOL
Old 10-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

I was the one that opened the topic about to slightly higher pilot fee's to get a feel of what everyone was thinking but it did not keep me from coming......[8D]

BTW Was TIm R. there?? Saw him in a picture on the picture thread but did not see him Friday
Old 10-08-2003, 04:36 PM
Kevin Greene

Ben,

If you want to only pick out bits and pieces of the hearsay you heard and wallow in your own sorrow...Knock yourself out!!! I WAS THERE AND KNOW THE WHOLE STORY!!! The comments were made about the guys that cried and boycotted the event over the higher fees. We're not talking about guys with finacial misfortunes. Now, c'mon, Ben....If an extra few $$$ is going to make that big of a dent in ones' wallet then he or she doesn't need to be flying jets. I'm telling you that whoever told you what you heard misinformed you or took what was said out of context.

This years event was nothing short of spectacular. You really needed to be there to appreciate it.

Kevin
Old 10-08-2003, 05:09 PM
ghost_rider

Ben,

Now, c'mon, Ben....If an extra few $$$ is going to make that big of a dent in ones' wallet then he or she doesn't need to be flying jets.
Kevin
Kevin

I am fortunate and grateful to God that I have enough $$ to support my hobby. For those unfortunate ones that could not attend because of cost increase but have for many years been dedicated supporter of the event to make it what it is today should not be chastised.

FWIW, Kevin, If you are blessed to have enough $$ to support your hobby today, count your blessings because some of those people that use to be in your shoes few years ago are not that fortunate now. We should not alienate them.

Regards

Ben
Old 10-08-2003, 05:17 PM
DavidR

Skymac,

Tim arrived late Friday night and was there Saturday and Sunday.

DR
Old 10-08-2003, 06:01 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Who knows why fewer people came, but the attendance was way down. It was almost like a different event, very smooth in the pits, but the flight line was packed (mainly due to sick workers I think)

Now this reduction could be for a number of reasons, I heard weather, but it was the nicest weather in 5 years. I know Jerry personally had many people complain about the higher price.

Now remember, Jerry LOST 200 bucks after this thing last year, so he was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If he sis not find a way to break even I think that was going to be the end of Superman.

As for what he said, it was directed to the people that complained to him, not to the general public that did not show up.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Kevin Greene

Ben,

What you highlighted in my post was meant as tongue and cheek. Nobody knows how much I count my own blessings more than I. I've explained to you what was said at SM and the meaning/reasons behind it. You were not there. You've heard second hand info that you've trusted as gospel. It's obvious that I can't get through to your closed mind. It's clear that your feelings are hurt. (For no reason I will add) Believe what you wish....I won't respond to anything else you say on this matter. What's the point.....

Kevin
Old 10-08-2003, 06:28 PM
ghost_rider

Ben,

What you highlighted in my post was meant as tongue and cheek. Nobody knows how much I count my own blessings more than I. I've explained to you what was said at SM and the meaning/reasons behind it. You were not there. You've heard second hand info that you've trusted as gospel. It's obvious that I can't get through to your closed mind. It's clear that your feelings are hurt. (For no reason I will add) Believe what you wish....I won't respond to anything else you say on this matter. What's the point.....

Kevin
Kevin

Unfortunately, I heard the same opinion that I am expressing here from many pilots/ non-pilots that attended the events. I know none of them have enough guts to express it but being a straight shooter that I am, I am willing to be the fall guy.

We are supposed to disagree sometimes and please do not take it personal my friend when it happens.

I am still of the opinion that the statement should not have been made at all. This is my opinion and I am sticking to it and I respectfully rest my case.

Regards

Ben
Old 10-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Falconmod

I hope to return next year, I was planning on coming this year but a $800 crown and a lost medical bill for the twins really kept me home this time. not to mention the six kids by themselves. I might have something new to bring next year even. I'm not going to let the scratch builder die at Superman if I can help it.

John Carlson
Old 10-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Kevin Greene

John,

You were missed at Superman. I heard a couple of guys throw your name around a bit...They were commenting how hardly anyone scatch builds jets any more except for you, Carl Spurlock, and a few others. A lost art....I always looked forward to your unusual one off designs.[8D]

Six kids!?!?!?!!!! I hardly have enough time to enjoy the hobby as much as I would like with my one 2 1/2 year old son. They're worth it though.

Kevin
Old 10-11-2003, 01:43 AM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got back from a buisness trip to St. Croix in the Virgin Islands that lasted two weeks the weekend before. Tracy and Taylor came down the second week so I didn't want to take her out of school agiain so soon. We left after Taylor got out of school on friday and got there about 10:00 friday night. Still had plenty of time saturday and sunday for some awesome F-4 flying during the scale hour. Had a great time anyway. Ben,, oops I mean ghost rider,, I wouldn't take the comments the way you did, he never addressed you as far as I am concerned even though the comments made may have been a little off color. I think the absence of the 50 to 75 pilots just made it easier to run the event and he was happy for that. I don't think he had this person or that person in mind when he made the comment. You know when we run the Winamac event the can get a little hectic and we only have 70 or so pilots. I can't imagine what its like to have 250 people all wanting something different and all wanting your time at once. Next year will be here before you know it and all will be forgotton. Oh yeah,, if you need help with the entry fee just call me and I'll be your wingman. LOL! LOL!

Tim Redelman
Never afraid to sign my name!