Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

1.5" Diam wheels for engineering project

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 01:35 PM
MaxHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.5" Diam wheels for engineering project

Hello, as the title says, I am in search of a tire and wheel that has a total diameter of 1.5". The purpose is for a school engineering design project. The car will be performing on generic plastic tile. So a sticky rubber is preferred. The car also has to travel over 0.5" bumps so some forgiveness in the wheel is key.

Do you guys know of any cars that use something close? I have some 1.59" tires I really like but I think that is pushing the rules a bit far. Also maybe I can use a 1" diameter wheel and DIY a foam insert and some other tire as an alternative. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Frederik_b

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an HPI Micro RS4 and the tires are 1.45". The problem for a project likr yours vs the Micro RS4 is the wheels do not bolt directly to the axle, they slide over a cylinder, which itself is bolted to the axle.

But given this is 1/18 scale car, you could look at other 1/18 scale on road cars and see if they use an easier method of bolting on. Are you doing all from scratch, or using the RC car driveline or other components (besides wheels and tires)?

Edit: it seems like the Xray M18 uses bolts directly not like the Micro RS4. Do a google pic search and you will see examples of both.

Last edited by Frederik_b; 02-01-2015 at 05:49 PM.