Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

DH 9053 midair self destruct.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

DH 9053 midair self destruct.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 07:05 AM
Morgie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy DH 9053 midair self destruct.

I have three electric helis. One is a three channel Double Horse 9053. It is very nice and flies very well right up to the time it suddenly bangs the crap out of itself and falls to the ground. I have replaced the fly-bar with a plastic one from the 9077 as advised in a blog I read but it didn't help. Has anyone got an answer as to what is going on and how to fix this?
Old 04-14-2015, 03:20 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bangs the crap out of itself in midair? Does everything look ok after you fixed it? Does it spool up without wobbling? When you say it bangs itself in midair is it making a weird noise before it drops?
Old 04-15-2015, 03:53 AM
Morgie

It does't make any strange sounds. While flying nicely, it suddenly looks like a shot pigeon flopping around and falling out of the air. I replaced the metal fly-bar with the plastic one from a 9077 but it still hits the blade and ends up bent down into the top blade. I don't think the bottom blade is contacting the top one but I can't lower it anyway as they apparently used lock-tite on the threads and I can't budge the screw holding the brass collar at the base of the rotor shaft. Last night, I installed a length of carbon fiber rod across the top of the metal fly-bar to hold it curved up away from the rotor and installed it. I haven't tried it yet but the more I fly this thing the more I am beating the crap out of it. It's a shame because it really is a nice machine.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:24 AM
Morgie

My advice to any newbie thinking about buying a Double Horse 9053 is DON'T. There is a flaw in the design which causes the fly-bar and rotors to collide causing the helicopter to drop like a rock to the ground. You can make all the modifications you want but it will still happen. My advice is to buy the 9116. It costs about the same and it has 4 channel control and it flies well.