Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Tires and their differences??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 06:04 PM
fasterbetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires and their differences??

Hey guys. I'm new to the Hobbie and and have raced on carpet before and know about tire glues and slicks in the back but I can't find a carpet around me for at least a 2hr drive which isn't comforting at all so now I'm stuck with the pavement and parking lots. I've found some parks with soft rubber type material it if I really want to light it up I have to hit pavement....AND IT'S SMOKED THE TIRES FAST. Now is this normal that pavement will eat tires this easily FOR ALL TIRES or is it just that I happened to have cheap tires maybe (tamiya )???
I'm just curious if there is a specific brand that are better and last longer??? And what's the difference between the tires? Other than just on road and off road. Any help would be appreciated in this. Thanks in advance
Old 06-23-2015, 06:23 PM
NachoRTR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-Advan-A0...item33a193ccc4
I've used this tires forever in parking lots with my touring car and they are still going strong! Bad news is that I think this tires are out of production but you can still find them, just make sure these are the correct size.

Last edited by NachoRTR; 06-23-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:25 AM
fasterbetter

Now will this fit a Tamiya m05. Or am I going to have to custom fit hpi wheels on there?