Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

Radian RC glider by Horizon Hobby

Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

Radian RC glider by Horizon Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 10:18 AM
vladkara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Radian RC glider by Horizon Hobby

I enjoy flying Radian glider by Horizon Hobby and would like to know whether others have similar experience with this airplane:
It is quite sensitive to power input. Best to launch at 50% power. When using more power the glider shoots straight up and loops if not stopped.
Turns have to be exercised carefully: at lower speed has a tendency to drop wing and dive.
It is a very efficient floater so it actually flies well close to a stall speed. However, when stall occurs suddenly, it may result in a grave spiral (dive).
Once the dive occurs it may be unrecoverable depending on the altitude.
For the above described characteristics, it is best when an operator immediately adds power or lowers elevator when he/she sees the nose drop.
Thus, straight and level flights are very graceful but it is necessary to exercise turns carefully and pay attention to stalls. It does not have an ability to
recover from a stall by itself.
Please, let me know your experience.