Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Engine question for H9 Edge 540

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Engine question for H9 Edge 540

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 08:19 AM
jpatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine question for H9 Edge 540

I am assembling the H9 Edge 540. My question is > Has anybody mounted an MDS 218 on this plane? I am splitting the elevator using all digital servos and carbon fiber rods. The motor is larger than recommended. Imagine that. The predrilled engine mounting holes do not mesh with this motor. Should I put an Aluminum plate behind the firewall or plywood? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated and needed.
Email me directly or post please.

Edge crazy,
[email protected]
Old 10-16-2003, 01:16 PM
RJConnet

Default RE: Engine question for H9 Edge 540

My H9 540 is flying with a MOKI 1.8, I mounted the elevator servos (2) in the tail, used a very light motor mount and a Bisson pitts muffler. The plane balances with no added weight. If you mount the elevator servos up front with the heavier MDS engine you will probably wind up using lots of extra tail weight to get the proper balance. I also installed 1/8" dowel pins through the fuselage sides and top into the firewall for extra strength.

RJ
Old 10-17-2003, 05:13 AM
Andy Rigby
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Engine question for H9 Edge 540

I have a Moki 180 and tuned pipe on mine (goes through the fus) way too much power I dont think you need a bigger engine, you are just going to add weight and you are asking for flutter.

Andy