Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 21 and new pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 10:35 AM
jwan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 21 and new pipe

I just bought a new GPM tuned pipe for my Savage 21 along with a larger air filter. Will I have to retune my engine much? If so, do I lean it out or richen it up? Also, I there was a 'review' of the pipe on the RCX shop website and the guy who bought it said something about moving the pressure nipple back to prevent the engine running too lean. I'm still a relatively new to nitro and am not really sure what he is talking about. If I need to do this so I don't fry my engine, how do I do it?

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:36 AM
jwan

Default RE: Savage 21 and new pipe

opps! forgot to mention I think its a CVEC type pipe if that makes a difference... exactly what does CVEC stand for?
Old 10-16-2003, 02:30 PM
crzy-svg-usr

retrun that pipe its a POS get a ofna 086 or a ths racing or xtm racing pipe
Old 10-17-2003, 09:41 AM
jwan

no offence... but that doesn't exactly answer my question. anyone able to offer more constructive suggestions?
Old 10-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Big Ted

CVEC is a brand of pipes.

do you have the model number? I run a CVEC 170 on my force .25 savage and It's awesome. Very quiet and very powerful.

As a general rule, you should start your tuning from scratch when you put on a new pipe, odds are the tuning will be different to your original pipe.

So, set your low and high end to the factory settings. Start with the low end, and once you're happy with that dial in the high end. Remember with tuning, less is more. at most 1/8 of a turn at a time.

Find the model of your pipe. If it's similar to mine, I'll post the instructions from the company on how best to tune your engine to it.

Good luck

Ted