Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

new here and to the hobby.. I WANT TO DRIFFFT

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 05:58 AM
boostfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here and to the hobby.. I WANT TO DRIFFFT

Hey all so I've been researching non stop the past 4 days and I'm getting exhausted... I finally found the chassis I want to start with which is the 3racing sakura D4 awd. I dont have any batteries etc as I've never done this sort of thing. So I'm basically looking for a list of everything I need that will fit my car since they just list that you need a radio, battery etc instead of going into detail and listing recommended items.. lol.. Any help will be very appreciated because I really want to order this thing already!
Old 11-01-2015, 02:45 PM
mosh8877

Save your money...you will need it. Learning to drift, like in a real car, you will break every bit of the driveline on the car. If you want to slide around I would recommend the hobby king mission-d drift car. It's a clone of a yokomo bd7 and go to hobbyking.com and you can find it. For drifting, one of their hobby king or turnigy radios is fine and with the brushed motor system it will have you sliding within minutes of opening the box. I would recommend looking at the car parts menu and ordering the cvd axles and the spring steel differential out drives for the front and rear though the ones that come with the car will break with the lightest crash. Then as stuff breaks you can bling it up. Eventually everything will be carbon fiber and aluminum. The way I see it, why buy the expensive stuff twice?

Last edited by mosh8877; 11-01-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:40 AM
boostfreak

Originally Posted by mosh8877
Save your money...you will need it. Learning to drift, like in a real car, you will break every bit of the driveline on the car. If you want to slide around I would recommend the hobby king mission-d drift car. It's a clone of a yokomo bd7 and go to hobbyking.com and you can find it. For drifting, one of their hobby king or turnigy radios is fine and with the brushed motor system it will have you sliding within minutes of opening the box. I would recommend looking at the car parts menu and ordering the cvd axles and the spring steel differential out drives for the front and rear though the ones that come with the car will break with the lightest crash. Then as stuff breaks you can bling it up. Eventually everything will be carbon fiber and aluminum. The way I see it, why buy the expensive stuff twice?
thanks for the reply unfortunately a bit to late. I picked up a 3racing d3 complete set up for 250 just had to get the battery, charger and transmitter now im just waiting for it to get here!
Old 11-02-2015, 06:43 AM
mosh8877

Wow, good price. I would suggest keeping at least one full set of axles, hubs and caster blocks on hand.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:03 AM
boostfreak

Originally Posted by mosh8877
Wow, good price. I would suggest keeping at least one full set of axles, hubs and caster blocks on hand.
yeah has every upgrade for it minus a cf chassis too and its brushless . Will take that into account ill start looking for those and get em ordered thanks! which ones do you recommend?

Last edited by boostfreak; 11-02-2015 at 09:09 AM.