Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

dagass whatya think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 02:45 PM
DodgeFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dagass whatya think?

Sup dag....I was jumping round Ebay n found this...what can you or any1 else for that matter tell me about it.Thanks Bro
DF
here's the # ....#3150349752

Thanks
Old 10-18-2003, 03:29 PM
ShOzz

Default RE: dagass whatya think?

so what are you asking? if the 9.5 is a good car? for bashing? for racing?

yes, it's a good car, for both racing and bashing, but depending on where you race you will have to replace the engine with a 21 size engine.

hey anyone know why links direct to ebay do not work?
Old 10-18-2003, 04:02 PM
RaZ_Tx

Ny guess is that its auto edited by the php script running this board just like most if not all cuss words are prolly edited because they run an auction site as well but its has a semi poor selection of car/truck stuff mainly you will find airplane / heli stuff there
Old 10-18-2003, 04:32 PM
DodgeFan

Ya...I'm just bashing it..I saw this in an old mag I have and it was $499...is this a discontinue? Are parts still avalible? I emailed the guy,jus waiting to hear from him.
DF
Old 10-19-2003, 07:33 AM
dagass

Hey Dodge,

That's a pretty good deal. The 9.5 RTR is pretty much the same car as the 9.5 MBX except it doesn't have the threaded shocks and the PBS design. Its definitely a worthy contender and thats a real good price.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:53 AM
studysession

This is a good deal - it says it is new and at Tower this same item is $499

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go

I don't believe the price if it is RTR - I have a bump start - it be a good buggy to use for bashing and svae my other for racing....
Old 10-19-2003, 08:06 AM
RCBOZO
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Dodge that wasn't a RTR he has another 9.5 kit for the same price and it is a kit! Ebay # 3150345731 also that one you were looking at is GONE!
Old 10-19-2003, 08:08 AM
studysession

I looked at one he listed - it is closed but can still pull it up. It was the RTR.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:51 AM
studysession

I just bought a OFNA Dominator from that guy.

Ebay # 3150127600

It is over $100 less than TowerHobbies so I could not resist. The Hyper 7 I ordered from tower is not here so it could not be opened yet. I am sending it back. Wife decided to go this route instead.

To much man.... I love this hobby.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:39 PM
DodgeFan

I emailed him....he said he has a few and should have them when I'm ready to buy it...it is an RTR and comes with the OFNA 2 box carrying case..its the same part # as the one in the June 2003 RC Nitro Mag on page17...dag I know you have that issue you can check it out...I think thats a VG deal ...if I dont go that way I might just look at the HPI Nitro MT 2.
Thanks
DF
Old 10-19-2003, 12:49 PM
studysession

You want the MBX - It rocks.... I checked it out - to good of deal to pass up. I wonder if his stuff is stolen or not. I bought the Dominator from him. - Will let everyone knows when it arrives.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:01 PM
DodgeFan

You talking bout the MBX 9.5? Normally I wanst planning on spending this much on a buggy but the 9.5 RTR he's selling is a gr8 deal....if he steals him...oh well I know nothing...lol.I was planning on the Ulre LX Pro..but this is one deal I'd hate to miss out on..there are several different dealers on EBay selling these also.But I think RCCRAZ has the best deal.
I was thinkin bout the HPI Nitro MT2.I also read that motor on the HPI (.15) is a breeze to tune,being new to Nitro I dont want to be discouraged on not knowing how to tune it.This motor is a pretty good 1 I read.
But I'm positive that if I run into any trouble with whatever I buy,there are alotta guys in here willing to help.I found out more in here than my LHS,and I've been in there alot lately.Being 40 and going through a mid life crisis(hehe)I really want a new toy but dont want to mess up by buying junk,and I've learned alot in here.
Thanks Again For all the Help Guys.
DodgeFan
Old 10-19-2003, 01:36 PM
dagass

Hey Dodge,

Any of the 9.5's are awesome buggies. To get one at that price is a great deal too. I was out all morning bashing with Lynx-the-great and RollinRush. After what we did today, I'm more amazed than ever at the ability of the buggies to take maximum abuse and come back just to do it all over again.

The NMT is a pretty tough truck in it's own right though. I put mine through heck and back and broke very few parts. The 15 FE is also a breeze to tune because it is a single needle carb. The new NMT2 looks like another quality offering from HPI, but after driving a buggy, I just can't go back. I'll put up some footage of todays adventures shortly so you can get a closeup look at what the buggies can do.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:44 PM
DodgeFan

Thanks.....I noticed a 9.5 MBX for $419..I think thats the one that study was talking bout...I might look into that 1 instead...Dang I wish I was ready...
DF