Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Mugen/Novarossi MT 12

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:41 PM
RC10GT_53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen/Novarossi MT 12

Anyone know anything about this engine? Good or bad quality? Fast or slow? I'm thinking about buying this and was wondering what other people thought about it.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:20 AM
ronin8451
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Mugen/Novarossi MT 12

This is a very powerful engine for a GT !! I run a highly modified one in one of my GT converted sprint cars and a bone stock one in my "big track" GT and they are a powerhouse and a hand full at times. If you are a good driver/racer, then get one and treat it right and it should last for gallons. If , however, you are still working on your driving skills or race at a loose or dry-slicked track, then go with an OS CVR.12. The OS has a much more linear powerband and is much easier to put the power down with. I have been racing for quite a while now and run an off-road track and have seen quite a few races won by someone with a smaller engine that could put ALL of the power down, rather than a fire breather that would blow the tires off coming out of the corner and spin out. These are some of my observations , so take them with a grain of salt and decide for yourself. Anything made by Novarossi is hands down top of the line product, period.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:00 PM
RC10GT_53

OK Thanks a lot. I'm not goin to be running this on my GT, although it will pretty much be the same tuck. Yesterday, I ordered a XXX-NT Adam Drake edition and I'm going to go with this engine. I think my driving is pretty decent.... I mean, don't get me wrong, it could definitlely improve but it could be much worse.... lol...... well thanks for your input and BTW, do you know the temperature the MT 12 should run at? Thanks a lot. Trey
Old 10-22-2003, 04:52 PM
RC10GT_53

Anyone else know anything about this engine? Thanks. Trey
Old 10-22-2003, 11:14 PM
RC10GT_53

Noone else know anything about this engine? I would also like to know the HP at what RPM's if you know them. Thanks a lot. Trey
Old 10-23-2003, 11:39 AM
ronin8451
My Feedback: (6)

You can't really trust HP figures from the manufacturers first off, but this engine will run great for you in the XXX-NT, as I have the "Big Head" truck version in one myself. I try to break my motors in at least 180 degrees to 200 degrees for proper sleeve expansion. Do not break it in super rich and cold!!! Run one tank on the starter box at least 180 degrees (use a heat gun or good hair dryer to pre-heat and to keep the temp. up), then I lean it only enough so that I can run it around on the ground without dying and run for 7 tanks slowly leaning it each tank and giving more throttle until I am finally at full throttle for very short bursts. I use close to the same break-in method as what Traxxas reccomends for the 2.5 T-Maxx. After the engine is broken in and ready to race I tune by ear and it usually ends up temping around 220 to 230 for good performance . I hope this helps!
You might try out the S-Grid at: www.rc-racing.com and check out the off-road conference 2003.