Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

52T spurgears to fit mgt 8.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 03:02 AM
sparky 25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 52T spurgears to fit mgt 8.0

I've just received my hardened steel 52T spurgear to fit my mgt 8.0,

an engineering shop in England called RW racing has them in stock as he has made a production run of them,

fit and finish is excellent,

These spurgears set the gear ratio perfect for those with the mgt 8.0

Wanting to run a higher rpm 28 or 30 size engines,
no more burning up clutches for me,

He has more in stock and are £20 shipped,
great value.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:07 AM
RCaddict80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey sparky can u give me some quick advice please? I have a brand new mgt 8.0 and i got the big joe 40 series on it premounted wheels and rims. I already got the hpi 17mm hex and hpi wheel nuts but i noticed thoes rims are dished quite a bit and i dont have much steering radius.(inside of rims hit hitting the upper a arm) so my question is..id like to get some hub extentions to get my wheels pushed out from the chasis..which ones should i go with? The traxxas ones wont work the pin is too close to the carrier. So im kinda lost here and from what i can see on ebay nobody makes a hub extention kit just for the application. Any thoughts or ideas would be much apprechiated thanks
Old 10-11-2016, 10:36 AM
firestone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RCaddict80 i also had a set of big joe 40 series on my mgt 8.0 these wheels will wear out your tie rod ends over time as i found out thats why i changed back to the mgt tires which are much lighter.