Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

How to look for wheels with a certain axle hole diameter?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How to look for wheels with a certain axle hole diameter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 10:10 PM
dextc18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to look for wheels with a certain axle hole diameter?

So I have been converting my toy grade Rc General Lee into a hobby grade car. I just finished my custom 4 link rear end, but when it was compressed the wheels didn't fit in the body. So I removed the old ones, but destroyed them in the process, as those crappy toy wheels are not designed to come off. I am having a lot of trouble trying to find replacements that will fit on the old shaft. Does anyone have any pointers or tips to find a wheel to fit a specific dimension? I am looking for wheels with an axle hole diameter of 3mm or less, and around 35-40mm tall with tire.

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-15-2016, 07:52 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't be able to look for wheels by hole diameter. No one specs that. I had a similar frustration with wheel offset, another spec no one lists. You need to find a hobby store and just start physically matching up wheels they have on the rack to yours.

You put a four link rear end on a toy Challenger? And under compression, the rear wheels rub. Well duh! What did you expect? The thing ain't a monster truck! 😉