Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G-38 carburetor assy.help

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 06:27 PM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default G-38 carburetor assy.help

I cracked the the plastic piece that goes between the exhaust port and the carburetor. Ive got a new one but forgot how it reassembles. They also sent me this nylon insulator? What is this for. Is it just an option to the original black part. Is the original black plastic one called an insulator also? Im not sure which side goes towards the port and which side to the carb. The nylon insulator has curved grooves on both sides,and a two holes not quite drilled thru. The directions say to remove the throttle spring. How is this done? I see a c- clamp on one end of the shaft. So do I remove the butterfly, then remove the c-clamp,pull the shaft out remove the spring,,the reverse to reinstall the shaft? What is the reason for removing the spring, for less resistance or something? Im really in a dilemma here and could sure use some expert advice. Any pictures?

Thanks a million----TAZZZZ[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=confused.gif]
Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: G-38 carburetor assy.help

Don't remove the spring. Just unhook it.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:17 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the curved grooves you are talking about are channels for the pulse that travels from crankcase to the carb. Look at the impressions made on you old gaskets to figure the right way to re-install new spacer. Capt,n
Old 01-15-2008, 08:25 AM
ljones5000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Horizon Hobbies sells two different insulator blocks for the G38. One is a thin white piece and the other is called something like "Easylink". My g38 uses the Easylink which is thicker than the other one.

You can see pictures on Horizon's website.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:34 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Here's the best close up I have.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24221.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	851815  
Old 01-15-2008, 09:24 AM
tazzzz

mrbig,,thanks for the comeback----It seems the block you have makes the throttle shaft face towards the front as mine does when I mount it,,with the original one is mounted the shaft is straight up and down,,,thats the way I need it to be,,,so Im assuming that the differences in the blocks is strictly for carb positioning. What did you use for your linkage on the set-up you have? TAZZZZ
Old 01-15-2008, 11:30 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: tazzzz

mrbig,,thanks for the comeback----It seems the block you have makes the throttle shaft face towards the front as mine does when I mount it,,with the original one is mounted the shaft is straight up and down,,,thats the way I need it to be,,,so Im assuming that the differences in the blocks is strictly for carb positioning. What did you use for your linkage on the set-up you have? TAZZZZ

My throttle is hooked up with a B&B Bellcrank. I was at their site looking for a pic and found that they also have a bellcrank that'll do the throttle and choke. That is listed for the G62 and the G38. The pic of it is on the 62. Here's the two links:

[link=http://www.bennettbuilt.com/page4.htm]B&B Throttle[/link]

[link=http://www.bennettbuilt.com/page3.htm]B&B Throttle and Choke-G38 & G62[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20253.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	851928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90176.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	851929  
Old 01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: ljones5000

Horizon Hobbies sells two different insulator blocks for the G38. One is a thin white piece and the other is called something like "Easylink". My g38 uses the Easylink which is thicker than the other one.

You can see pictures on Horizon's website.
Ralph Cunningham also makes a very good carb spacer ... much stonger than the stock Zenoah ones. Go here ....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_67...tm.htm#6751926
Old 11-24-2016, 09:18 PM
dwreel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pic. Question: How do you hook-up the throttle linkage?