Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help with Savage

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Featherz85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Savage

So while my buggy is In the shop, my partner being the gem that she is decided to get me a Savage off ebay as an early xmas present so I had something to run around with. We got one off ebay which looked in good condition and was said to be running. Guy said he had moved his Savage 21 into a XL chassis and added a new engine too (says .25 on it) Only thing is it had a dual exhaust which not only is wobbly and appears to be damaged now (he didn't package very well so not sure if it was already damaged or got damaged in the post) I've taken a closer look, but the exhaust pipe posistion seems to be stopping me from being able to start the roto start and no other angle will work? I have tried from all sorts of angles but it just wont fit and I'm starting to debate if I want to add a pull start (would prefer not to) Maybe my frustration levels but half tempted to just send it back at the moment, we paid quite a bit for it £160 gbp on the description it was running, ready to go and the engine wasn't fully broke in yet.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	roto2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	2192685   Click image for larger version

Name:	exaust.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2192688  
Old 12-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Mechanicaloverlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not all that familiar with the Savage and it's iterations. I was under the impression the Savage 21/25 chassis components werent interchangeable with the later Savage X/XL. For example you could bolt Savage 21/25 bulkhead onto XL TVP's like the seller is apparently claiming. Btw if that's the case you didn't get a good deal as the older .21/25 diffs aren't as good as the later stuff.

As for your exhaust. Dual exhaust kits suck. The whole point of a nitro exhaust is it is tuned to send pressure waves back to the engine helping to increase compression. When these pressure waves are in sync the engine wakes up and is "on the pipe". Dual exhaust kits don't bounce the pressure waves back anywhere near as well and power suffers as a result. Less power and you can't get to the rotostart on your Frankenstein truck with bashed up exhaust? I wouldn't be happy.