Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

need help find onroad, rubber tires to fit these RC-Art wheels

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

need help find onroad, rubber tires to fit these RC-Art wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Alex Khan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help find onroad, rubber tires to fit these RC-Art wheels

I just needed some help finding rubber, onroad tires to fit these 2 pairs of wheels from RC-Art (which is based in Japan). I'm working on a RC car project, and I LOVE these wheels. I just can't find any tires that would positively fit these wheels.

The first set of wheels (the black ones) are:
Item Name : SSR Professor TF1 FLAT BLACK (Rimumekki)
Brand Name : RC-ART
OFFSET : 6mm

The second set of wheels (chrome color) are:
Item name: SSR Professor TF-1
Brand Name: RC-ART
OFFSET: 10mm

I asked the sellers, and they couldn't give me any help on what tires would fit them. So I was hoping someone here would know more
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	01 wheels.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	2214686   Click image for larger version

Name:	wheels 2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	2214687  
Old 05-13-2017, 03:45 PM
RustyUs

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I would start off by measuring them. Just by looking at them, I'd guess 1/10 scale...possibly have a look at what HPI has to offer in their touring car tire options.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Alex Khan

Originally Posted by RustyUs
I would start off by measuring them. Just by looking at them, I'd guess 1/10 scale...possibly have a look at what HPI has to offer in their touring car tire options.
thanks for the response. They're definitely for 1/10th RC. The person selling the 6mm offset finally got back to me, and said they were 26mm. He said 1/10 general tires would fit, but then he told me they were drift wheels (not ideal for onroad tires). So I guess the new question becomes: are onroad, rubber tires incompatible with drift wheels like that?
Old 05-14-2017, 03:34 AM
RustyUs

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't know what would make a wheel drift specific. Drift tires come in many different shapes and forms. The wheels look like they have a place for a bead to sit in. Just match up tire width, and glue 'em up.
1/10 Touring Car Tires - HPI Racing
1/10 Touring Car Wheels - HPI Racing
Old 05-14-2017, 06:44 AM
Alex Khan

Originally Posted by RustyUs
I don't know what would make a wheel drift specific. Drift tires come in many different shapes and forms. The wheels look like they have a place for a bead to sit in. Just match up tire width, and glue 'em up.
1/10 Touring Car Tires - HPI Racing
1/10 Touring Car Wheels - HPI Racing
thank you! And thank you for the tire link. Super helpful