Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

Kingtech Fuel Shutoff solenoid question

Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Kingtech Fuel Shutoff solenoid question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation Kingtech Fuel Shutoff solenoid question

I’m curious...
Does the fuel shutoff solenoid on the G series engines fail in the closed position like JetCat? I.E. always closed when no power is applied?

I ask this because I have two K140G’s and with both engines you can see fuel flowing through the fuel pump and to the engine when fueling without activating the shutoff valve. This has resulted in one minor fire in one of the my planes as well as fuel siphoning out of my de-fueled airplane (UAT siphoned empty) and winding up in the bottom of my plane during transport. Grrr.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:19 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Then one of the two solenoids is leaking. You should be closing the manual fuel shut off to fuel anyway and that will prevent fires. Still power off the valves should be closed. You need to check your fuel supply for microbial growth. Normally the valves are fine just get junk in them.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 AM
Spencer K

Hey Kris,
you have valid suggestions but both have done this brand new out of the box... I'm guessing the kingtech solenoids don't actually seal air or fuel tight?
Old 10-12-2018, 04:33 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

They are supposed too.. if you have air in the line it will compress the air but it should not make it into the engine.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:15 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Do you have them installed with the correct flow direction?
If installed backwards, the pressure will force them open, i.e. push away from the seated position, when installed correctly the pressure should be forcing the valve shut when de-energized.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:44 AM
Spencer K

All the valves are under the cover so this is done at the factory...