Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extra, Edge, CAP . . Which is best?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extra, Edge, CAP . . Which is best?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 08:51 PM
vtsmx-DELETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra, Edge, CAP . . Which is best?

I've seen some things that say the Extra is best at precision flying (IMAC sequences), with the Edge being best at 3D, and the CAP best at freestyle. Assuming equal power to weight, in 72" WS - 84" WS sizes, which of these designs is best suited for a combination of general IMAC-type flying with some freestyle thrown in? Not interested in 3D at this time. Had a Midwest Extra that is no more and trying to decide on a replacement.

Thanks for your input.

vtsmx
Old 05-07-2002, 03:57 PM
mulligan

Not to be anit-American or anything, but the Sukois have always seemd to me to be the most agile, smooth, and yes, aerobatic planes out there- not that I'm an expert, but do include this plane in your evaluation.

- George
Old 05-09-2002, 04:27 AM
vtsmx-DELETE

Good point about the Sukhoi. I'm thinking about getting an ARF since I don't have time to build right now and was thinking about maybe taking a look at the SIG Sukhoi. Will be interesting to see if they can get their wing construction problem resolved with the new builder. Thanks for your post.

vtsmx
Old 05-09-2002, 01:37 PM
UNLDAVE
My Feedback: (2)

Default Edge

I' Really enjoy my Aeroworks 29% Edge.

It flys the Sportsman sequence rather well and you can do a lot of freestyle stuff with it also. A 3.2 engine is pretty economical to fly and at84" WS it fits diagonally in the back of a 6' bed truck .

Just be sure to build it as light as you can for best performance.

Dave