Community
Search
Notices
Wren Turbines USA Wren USA no longer providing support for their turbines. We are converting this forum into a member supported support forum. This means members will solve members problems

Wren 44 ECU

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 01:15 PM
aeroscale

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wren 44 ECU

Anyone have, or know where I can get, a pre-2010 ECU for my gas start Wren 44? I figured someone may have had their engine converted to kero start which would require the early ECU to be replaced with the newer one. This is the one I have...…and need a replacement.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 12-30-2018, 10:59 PM
stegl

Hi Rich
have you tried contacting Wren to see if they might have the older ECU as they take the older ones in when they do an upgrade , at least thatt way you know you are getting a working one ?
Old 01-01-2019, 05:24 PM
aeroscale

Thanks for the suggestion, Stegl. Tried exactly that and the folks at wrenpowersystems.com were extremely helpful. Bought a replacement early ECU and we're back up and running. Thanks again!
Rich
Old 01-01-2019, 07:07 PM
stegl

Originally Posted by aeroscale
Thanks for the suggestion, Stegl. Tried exactly that and the folks at wrenpowersystems.com were extremely helpful. Bought a replacement early ECU and we're back up and running. Thanks again!
Rich
Good to know that you got fixed up. Have their Wren 44 Turbo Prop that had bearings replaced and bearing ports redrilled for 50 hour
bearing change by previous owner . Had a little issue with the pump as it had sat for several years but fixed that on my own. Runs flawlessly
with propane start . Just had to replace one glow plug ( regular rc type... cheap as heck) so far .
Old 02-28-2019, 03:47 AM
jymster
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I too am after a replacement Fadec ECU for my old Wren 44 manual gas start (silver case). I tried going to the Wren UK website and it seems they have gone into liquidation again. Bummer! Anyone know where I might find one of these old Gaspar Fadec ECO ECU units?

Old 02-28-2019, 10:05 AM
stegl

Either that is one of the first ones ever made or it almost appears to have been rewrapped with heat shrink...... ?
You might try looking at putting in a wanted add in RCgroups to see if you can find one. Supposedly they have a new buyer
in the wings to keep things going. The Wren 44 TP I have has the older ECU and when I need service ; subject to them reopening;
one of the first things I will do is upgrade to the new Xicoy V10 ECU as those should be available for a long time to go as the older ESC's will gradually dry up.
http://www.turbinesolutions.co.uk/
these they guys ; apparently they are doing Wren repairs.

Last edited by stegl; 02-28-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:30 PM
jymster

Thanks steal. Actually, a lot of the early version Wren 44 Manual Start engines had this style of Fadec. Just have a look at the first few images here: LINK

Anyway, i think I may have figured out my problem. Fingers crossed!
Old 02-28-2019, 03:52 PM
stegl

Originally Posted by jymster
Thanks steal. Actually, a lot of the early version Wren 44 Manual Start engines had this style of Fadec. Just have a look at the first few images here: LINK

Anyway, i think I may have figured out my problem. Fingers crossed!
Yes, Mine is the Propane auto start I guess you would call it. GSU plugs in from the top. Can you post the issues and what you may find as a fix as always good for other users since Wren Power Systems is still down.... Lets hope that someone takes over that is into turbines as That was what I read somewhere as he ( the last owner) was just a businessman with some money and no model turbine experience. Sure like my Wren TP.

Last edited by stegl; 02-28-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:14 PM
jymster

Thanks Stegl, will do.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:52 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You may find that contacting Turbine Solutions will solve your problems - Fadec V-10 ECU . Jet Central Sales and Service, Fuel Tubing, Pneumatic Fittings, RC Jets - Turbine Solutions

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 01-18-2020, 10:40 AM
stegl

Default Wren service by Turbine Solutions

I have just received my Wren 44 TP back from Turbine Solutions in England and am more than happy with the major service I needed.
Highly recommended.