Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:26 AM
IrishChamp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!

Bump, just wondering what ever happened with this build... did you ever get it running strong and reliable?

The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 02-01-2012, 07:21 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: IrishChamp

Bump, just wondering what ever happened with this build... did you ever get it running strong and reliable?

Hey man, YES I DID. Finally finished it JUST LAST WEEK!. I tore my old build apart and bought the SMRC Innovations Plate kit, used the Ofna Mutilator Differential, Red Cat Racing front Dogbones (123mm), Flux Battery boxes, 13T Mod 1 pinion gear. Mamba Monster ESC, Castle Creations 2200KV motor. This thing runs AWESOME! I mean it is a complete BEAST!

I have only ran 2S lipo's so far and the speed and power is INSANE. I am going to race it against my BL E-Revo and BL Flux to see what is faster.

Due to the lack of CEN Support/Parts, I went ahead and bought the complete Aluminum A Arm kit on Monday so I should get that next week. My buddy was running his little Slash behind me and I glanced back to make sure he didn;t ram me in the ankle with his truck and looked back and BAM right into a Concrete drainage ditch in the middle of the park, so stupid of me, only broke a top A arm so I popped for the all aluminum Arm kit.

I am also upgrading to a Savox Steering Servo to make this beast turn better. For some reason my Steering servo is acing wacky and only wanting to turn left, seems there is some strain turning right, nothing to do with my build I just don;t know what the deal is.

Then probably adding a little more aluminum to the wheel hubs knuckles/C hubs etc.

I'll get some video of it running after I install the A Arms.

I'll snap some pictures when I'm done also.

jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 AM
IrishChamp

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at the SMRC kit, it's nice. Is the front dogbone you used nice and beefy? Are you saying you used the redcad dogbone going to the front diff? What dogbone cups did you use? How's the temp of the motor and esc? What aluminum a arms did you go with. Thanks again.
Ps. I'm also curious about its weight with and without batteries and with aluminum parts.

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: IrishChamp

Hey man, YES I DID. Finally finished it JUST LAST WEEK!. I tore my old build apart and bought the SMRC Innovations Plate kit, used the Ofna Mutilator Differential, Red Cat Racing front Dogbones (123mm), Flux Battery boxes, 13T Mod 1 pinion gear. Mamba Monster ESC, Castle Creations 2200KV motor. This thing runs AWESOME! I mean it is a complete BEAST!

I have only ran 2S lipo's so far and the speed and power is INSANE. I am going to race it against my BL E-Revo and BL Flux to see what is faster.

Due to the lack of CEN Support/Parts, I went ahead and bought the complete Aluminum A Arm kit on Monday so I should get that next week. My buddy was running his little Slash behind me and I glanced back to make sure he didn;t ram me in the ankle with his truck and looked back and BAM right into a Concrete drainage ditch in the middle of the park, so stupid of me, only broke a top A arm so I popped for the all aluminum Arm kit.

I am also upgrading to a Savox Steering Servo to make this beast turn better. For some reason my Steering servo is acing wacky and only wanting to turn left, seems there is some strain turning right, nothing to do with my build I just don;t know what the deal is.

Then probably adding a little more aluminum to the wheel hubs knuckles/C hubs etc.

I'll get some video of it running after I install the A Arms.

I'll snap some pictures when I'm done also.

jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 02-01-2012, 03:27 PM
JUCD VPR

The only problem with SMRC is that NO ONE can get ahold of Scott. I've tried e-mailing the guy several times and so has other members. I'm wondering whats going on with him? He used to e-mail me back immediately but that was sometime early last year.

Yes I used the RED CAT racing dogbone for the FRONT, I believe it's 123mm. It's no where near as beefy as the GST Dogbone, but works fine from the 1 hr of run time I have on the truck so far. I was hoping it would be ok also since it is VERY slimmer than the beefy GST dogbone but so far so good and I know of LOMBEL (sp) on the forum who uses the same dogbone (he actually helped me find it).

I used the GST drive cups, you will have to buy an extra one as the one of the diffs has some slider shaft and it isn;t a drive cup.

I run a Castle Fan for the Motor as an extra precaution and the Mamba ESC already has a fan. Temps are good, I have not used a temp gun yet but I will next run. But it's not hot to the touch or anything to worry. I'm running a Castle 13T MOD 1 Pinion Gear. I thought whenI saw it "dang that looks small" but it seems to be holding up well also, i've got a spare on stand by.

I bought these Aluminum A Arms, only ones I could find -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-SUS...item19c0e96da7

As of now, not sure on the weight, once I get the Aluminum arms on, i'll put her big butt on a scale and see.
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 02-01-2012, 05:13 PM
IrishChamp

Thanks for the clarification and quick response. Everything sounds good. I believe that Red Cat makes good quality stuff so hopefully the dog bone will hold up well, nice to hear others are using it with success as well.

I was wondering about those aluminum arms on eBay, I'll be watching this thread to see how you like those and how much the beast weighs with them and the full conversion. It would be great if it weighs comparable or less than in stock nitro trim.

Looking forward to more updates and videos!
Thanks

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

The only problem with SMRC is that NO ONE can get ahold of Scott. I've tried e-mailing the guy several times and so has other members. I'm wondering whats going on with him? He used to e-mail me back immediately but that was sometime early last year.

Yes I used the RED CAT racing dogbone for the FRONT, I believe it's 123mm. It's no where near as beefy as the GST Dogbone, but works fine from the 1 hr of run time I have on the truck so far. I was hoping it would be ok also since it is VERY slimmer than the beefy GST dogbone but so far so good and I know of LOMBEL (sp) on the forum who uses the same dogbone (he actually helped me find it).

I used the GST drive cups, you will have to buy an extra one as the one of the diffs has some slider shaft and it isn;t a drive cup.

I run a Castle Fan for the Motor as an extra precaution and the Mamba ESC already has a fan. Temps are good, I have not used a temp gun yet but I will next run. But it's not hot to the touch or anything to worry. I'm running a Castle 13T MOD 1 Pinion Gear. I thought whenI saw it "dang that looks small" but it seems to be holding up well also, i've got a spare on stand by.

I bought these Aluminum A Arms, only ones I could find -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-SUS...item19c0e96da7

As of now, not sure on the weight, once I get the Aluminum arms on, i'll put her big butt on a scale and see.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:23 AM
JUCD VPR

Yah the Aluminum A Arms come from Hong Kong so it'll probably be at least a week before I get them here in Illinois.

I am going to try to do the DUEL Servo modification that The REAL DOGMAN has a Sticky thread on. I just spent $115 bucks on a Savox Super Torque Steering Servo for my Savage Flux HP XL so I really don;t want to drop another hundo on another servo. Hopefully the duel CEN steering modification will be cheaper and work just as good. We shall see. I'll update the thread as the build up progresses.

No doubt though this truck is an absolute BLAST to drive.

One thing I need to do is buy another set of un-glued wheels and tires so that I can tape the inside of the tires to avoid ballooning, the GST balloons the crap out of the front tires when I hammer on it in the straight aways and just pulls the wheels like a bat outta hell. No doubt this will walk all over a Nitro GST with ease on 2S Lipo's, on 3S ....it's going to be insane!
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 PM
IrishChamp

Just checking in, curious how things are progressing? Got your aluminum? Any videos?
I've ordered a ton of stuff for my build, I think I have everything but a few things, diff and shock oil, diff shims, maybe a center diff spur and possibly a few other odds and ends that I won't know till I get it all mocked up. I have a couple surprises up my sleeve too, nothing revolutionary but I'm excited about my build.
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 03-27-2012, 05:40 AM
JUCD VPR

Got my aluminum in and on, Already broke a top A arm where they can be adjusted. Not to happy with it. Might as well stay stock and just buy some spare sets in the end it'll probably be cheaper. Truck is running great, Been busy but I will try to get out this weekend and take some video!
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 03-27-2012, 08:47 PM
IrishChamp

That sucks the upper arm broke. Post back when you have that video!
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 AM
JUCD VPR

Just an update. those Aluminum A arms of E-Bay are pretty nice EXCEPT the UPPER ARMS. The double threaded rod that helps you adjust the set up is SO weak it snaps in half on rough impact or a roll. I've broken two already and swapped my upper arms back to stock plastics and plan to try bioling them to make them stronger. . I need some sort of weak point to break and this seems to be the spot.
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM
JUCD VPR

I have not forgotten either...l will post vids still. I got a Go Pro Hero 2 from my wife for X-mas, so as soon as my parts come in i'll get it fixed up and back to the park for some video runs.
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 05-21-2016, 03:52 AM
billyg900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man any pics do you still have the GST?
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 12:35 AM
jac.solar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is awesome!
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)