Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah g380pu with walboro wt338

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 01:41 AM
Mattjen48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah g380pu with walboro wt338

HI Folks,
I recently bought second hand a Christen Eagle 2 28% from one of my club members, it has sat his shed for over 5 yrs, it has been stripped and cleaned and repaired on covering,
I am having trouble starting the engine, it is not sucking any fuel, the engine doesn't seemed to have been used as inside there is no signs of any fuel marks.
I thought at first it was the carb, so as the gaskets and diaphragm were brittle due to lack of use I replaced them all including needle valves.

It came with this spacer between Carb and Exhaust manifold, is this needed ? as it seems to fit at a funny angle, the only benefit I can see is a shorter throttle arm, I wanted to know if this part is needed ? and if there is a decent image of the Walboro WT-338 carb, as all the manuals I can find are general not number specific, as mine doesn't have a primer.

Apologies but I cant seem to upload photos, so I have put them in my gallery.

Last edited by Mattjen48; 07-15-2020 at 01:44 AM.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:41 PM
Mattjen48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also,
i removed the butterfly valve but made the muppett mistake of not taking a pic before, i noticed the valve has a small section cut out, does anyone know the orientation it goes back ?