Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Team Associated RC-10GT 27mhz to 2.4g

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Team Associated RC-10GT 27mhz to 2.4g

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 05:02 PM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Team Associated RC-10GT 27mhz to 2.4g

Hello All! I have a nitro RC-10 GT with a .15 nitro engine and a 27mhz HiTec radio with a non functioning Traxxas receivefr. I want to convert it to 2.4. Nothing fancy or expensive, just something to knock around with. Am I in for any surprises or is this a simple swap? 30 years flying r/c airplanes, new to cars and trucks. Thank you for any tips and advice. BTW I'm looking at either a simple 2 or 3 ch. Spektrum or Tactic radio. I fly with Tactic.
Bill in Pa.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:31 AM
rgburrill

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Should be no surprises at all. Take out the older receiver, store the old radio wherever you put your memories (round file if that's what you want) and replace with a new, low cost one. The servos should be fine. I do suggest you replace the receiver battery, too, but just go with a low cost NiMH. It's amazing how much capacity they have now.
The following users liked this post:
Big Alice (11-19-2020)