Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Micro 12G Elevator Servos Twitching

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 01:50 PM
Shane Quale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro 12G Elevator Servos Twitching

Hello Guys,

Just a question for you all if you wouldn’t mind or maybe have some ideas.

Let’s start with my setup. I am running a 7014SB Futaba Receiver matched with the Micro 12G Power Expander. My servos are MKS777+ on all surfaces except the throttle which is an MKS1250. (6 total)

My question is, why do my elevator servos (both halfs) have a slight twitch? Almost like they twitch up and down like 1 or 2 clicks of subtrim or so trying to act like they are finding center? It will smooth out without issue after a couple of minutes. But why is my question?

I flew this airplane last year except with a PowerSafe Receiver and no Micro 12G and I had no issue.

Maybe add a capacitor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shane Quale
Old 01-25-2021, 04:44 PM
Shane Quale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so here is an update for those of you that are interested.

At the time of programming my elevators, I did not have my ailerons plugged in. In the Micro 12G, the pigtails 1 and 12 must be plugged into the receiver which supplies power to the receiver for redundancy. Channels 1 and 12 are my aileron channels in the 7014SB receiver. Not sure if this is the answer but my twitching on the elevator servos have went away when I plugged in my ailerons.

Seems goofy but maybe this is the answer?

Thanks

Last edited by Shane Quale; 01-26-2021 at 03:44 AM.