Community
Search
Notices
Drones Talk This forum is for Multi-Rotor pilots and enthusiasts to talk about subjects that don’t quite fit into any other forum.

Droning

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 12:18 PM
Carcharadon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Droning

This video was filmed at a local park during the China virus syndrome. (Makes me think of Hanoi Fonda) There are only a few people at the park, but all seem to be enjoying themselves. There is a dirt track where they race RC cars. That looks cool would like to get a video that someday. The lake itself is where I spent a lot of time developing the jet nautilus, but is always just so murky. The hexacopter used for this video was the one I just refurbished. In my opinion the video is as good as you could get from some of the more expensive models, the hexacopter is amazingly stable. There is a lot of technology that goes into building one from scratch. Not only do you have to have all the electronics in the drone itself correct and precise but you also have to have a precise set up in the transmitter. Even a slight mistake in the transmitter can cost you a drone. Probably why I like the hobby so much because it’s very challenging to build one of these from scratch. For four or 5000 you can easily buy a phantom, but why do that when you can make your own.

As always takes awhile to download.

http://www.mrgodzilla.com/drone/mayor.wmv
Old 06-22-2020, 07:21 PM
Carcharadon

This is just a short video clip. I was flying one of my hexacopters in the backyard just to check it out and test it to be sure everything was working. Unfortunately, I used a bad battery that was not fully charged. As the drone was losing battery power and coming down under my control it reached a point where there was not enough current to control it and it flew sideways instead of coming down and crashed into my garage.

This was a dumb move on my part and I should’ve known better. So, I had to refurbish this drone, fortunately the electronics and the motors and propellers were okay but the battery compartment and a few landing gear segments were broken.

After the refurbishment I wanted to test the drone again. It runs fine and in this video segment I wanted to see how fast it would gain altitude. So, I gave it full throttle to ascend. From the video you can see that in a few seconds it had gained altitude quickly. I did not want it to go into the clouds or even a few hundred feet so I terminated the altitude test. But I know now that it is very responsive in gaining altitude and in a few seconds could easily be in the clouds. Just want to show an uplifting video.

www.mrgodzilla.com/drone/al.wmv
Old 01-13-2021, 10:18 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Crap like this is why the FAA is cracking down on everyone
Old 03-27-2021, 05:35 PM
Carcharadon

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Crap like this is why the FAA is cracking down on everyone
What is it they say about opinions, desert!!!
Old 03-28-2021, 03:56 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

All this over a video that's not even there any more. Move on folks