Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

O.S. Max FS-120 Surpas II Choke Lever

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

O.S. Max FS-120 Surpas II Choke Lever

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 11:17 AM
rlsecrest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. Max FS-120 Surpas II Choke Lever

I have a FS-120 Surpass II that is missing the choke lever. I purchased this engine used some time ago with a plane. This engine was run once since I purchased it some 20 years ago. I recently installed it on another plane and noticed that there is no choke lever. It appears that a wire that goes through two holes in the choke bracket bracket and secured with a set screw to a boss on the actual choke crank arm would suffice. However, the crank arm is spring loaded and when I look in the velocity stack on the carb intake, it appears that choke is spring loaded to the closed position. I would expect that the choke would be spring loaded to the open position. If, in fact, I am interpreting the choke position correctly, I don't know how to deal with it being "normally closed". I sure would appreciate on how to get the choke set up correctly.
Many thanks,

Ray