Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELLO CALIFORNIA RAIN .... HELLO MICHIGAN SNOW !
I am making a combination presentation of the new things on hand, to amuse you both.
The VIDEO is the second attempt I have made using the new VIDEO CAM inside a pair of sunglasses.
I have learnhttps://vimeo.com/113669249ed from this to compensate for the angle of vision ( needs to be lowered) , the smoothness of
any turns made with the head (the cam seems to accentuate the speed) and mostly to lower the volume of
my voice, probably forgetting how close the camera is to the sound source....(vocal chords inside the head ! )
It`s been a difficult journey figuring out just how to complete the ANTOINETTE......finally achieved that.
The manual does help, but some "un-mentioned" details should be pointed out. Regardless....I think we
got a good one. here is the VIDEO, excuse all the imperfections as written above :
Old 12-05-2014, 08:56 AM
JPEE

Rick, you must have been pooped when you posted last night. Your link to VIMEO below in your post had an error for your video. I have re-posted it for you.

https://vimeo.com/113669249

JPEE's got your back!

Originally Posted by Barrrick
HELLO CALIFORNIA RAIN .... HELLO MICHIGAN SNOW !
I am making a combination presentation of the new things on hand, to amuse you both.
The VIDEO is the second attempt I have made using the new VIDEO CAM inside a pair of sunglasses.
I have learnhttps://vimeo.com/113669249ed from this to compensate for the angle of vision ( needs to be lowered) , the smoothness of
any turns made with the head (the cam seems to accentuate the speed) and mostly to lower the volume of
my voice, probably forgetting how close the camera is to the sound source....(vocal chords inside the head ! )
It`s been a difficult journey figuring out just how to complete the ANTOINETTE......finally achieved that.
The manual does help, but some "un-mentioned" details should be pointed out. Regardless....I think we
got a good one. here is the VIDEO, excuse all the imperfections as written above :

Last edited by JPEE; 12-05-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Barrrick

Talking

hello !
and here is the ANTOINETTE just now been totally completed .....except for the Pilot figure. This is given as a flat picture and I am trying to figure
a way to turn the profile into a body figure, maybe sandwiching the paper figures around some balsa......
Anyway it is now ready to make a flight. Hope the warp is overridden by the rudder, if necessary.otherwise I will just make an extra wing, materials are on hand, no problem
... now with the "engine" installed it finally
shows some reality. Even the two control wheels for the pilot`s hands are included.

SIG is sending me the next model of the Pioneers of Flight : the DEPERDUSSIN
this other model is similar to the Antoinette, it was created about one year after, (1910-11)
in France
and there is plenty of reference materials like fotos and referrals to Museums, etc
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	2058729   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	2058730   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	2058731   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	2058732  

Last edited by Barrrick; 12-29-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: + text
Old 12-29-2014, 02:31 PM
crashcrash

Pictures look real nice and you're having FUN. Keep on keep'in on Rick.
No snow right now, but looking like next weekend we might get hit with a winter storm. My plow hasen't been hooked to my truck since the last snow which wasn't enough to plow anyway. No harm, no foul cause I'm NOT interested in plowing snow anyway so it works out for me.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:26 PM
JPEE

Hello Rick and Vic,

The photos of the Antoinette look great! Now you just need to get to feeling better Rick, and I wish you a happy new year!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Vic, get out there on that snowplowing go give-um "what for", show them how a man does it. And a very happy new year to you too!!!!!!!!

JP out
Old 12-30-2014, 02:47 PM
crashcrash

LOL.....I'd be plowing DIRT. Kind'a a waste of gas if you ask me. Maybe next weekend we're supposed to get hit with a winter storm so I'm just watching how it goes for now. I don't MIND not having snow, even if it is 12 deg right now.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Barrrick

JOHN P and VIC F
good morning on this first decent day of the season
It is OK to finally give the ANTOINETTE a try.
As I suspected, the warped left wing ( trailing edge falling on the tip of the panel ) does have an
adverse reaction. You can see that the first lift off, maybe 3 inches off the ground the pull to the
right begins. I don`t need any more action to see that a NEW WING PANEL needs to be built
because there is no technique that I know to "UN" warp it.
I am also well pleased with the HD video camera installed in the bridge of the nose of my new
sunglasses, it produced a great movie and I didn`t need to be holding anything.
https://vimeo.com/117108409
Old 01-18-2015, 06:49 PM
crashcrash

Rick....I watched the video. The LEFT wing trailing edge is LOWER than the right causing the right hand roll. You know what you gotta do (PITA) I guess. Yes...the sunglasses with built in camera work GREAT. Sometimes in this hobby you win, and sometimes you loose. At LEAST it's not a ball of trash on a runway.....you can work with it.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:51 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys! Been out of the rc game for quite awhile now. Just bought new hobbyking tx and will be slowly working my way back into the frenzy. Just looking to see if any of the old crew is still around.
Still have 3 blade cp's including the one that Rick sent. Crash, still have that PZ cub I got from you too. Working on getting my flying wing up and running again now. Will post some pics if anyone responds to this. Hopefully the crew is still kicking,
Old 06-01-2021, 03:25 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArrowNaughtic
Hi guys! Been out of the rc game for quite awhile now. Just bought new hobbyking tx and will be slowly working my way back into the frenzy. Just looking to see if any of the old crew is still around.
Still have 3 blade cp's including the one that Rick sent. Crash, still have that PZ cub I got from you too. Working on getting my flying wing up and running again now. Will post some pics if anyone responds to this. Hopefully the crew is still kicking,
I was surprised today when i got the email notification of a new post. I'm still around but not much RC happening. Still have 2 450s, handful of foamies, and my tanks. Kids just turned 8 last weekend neither are interested yet, hopefully in the near future.
The following users liked this post:
JPEE (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 03:48 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Originally Posted by Oracus
I was surprised today when i got the email notification of a new post. I'm still around but not much RC happening. Still have 2 450s, handful of foamies, and my tanks. Kids just turned 8 last weekend neither are interested yet, hopefully in the near future.
Ya, been awhile since I checked in here. Wasn't sure if any one would even see this. Looks like it hasn't seen any action since 2016. Kids grow up fast so ya gotta hold on for that wild ride.
After some medical issues I decided to slow down a little and get some building time in. Still haven't finished my F4U .60 size so want to get that bucket list item squared away. Just have to cover it and install motor and landing gear and it will be done.
Good to see/hear from ya buddy, I will be checking in a lot more now.
JPEE (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 04:05 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

There are only two of us left. We left here as this link faded out. I still talk to Crash Crash every few days as friends not as an RC flyer. He still has one plane at he flies out back.. Myself, I’ve still got quite an array of aircraft but don’t fly to often. We just got our field back after two years of litigation. Mark over on the other page with me where we are now he has planes some rockets and he’s into the trains as well. Drop by and say hello. I put the page down at the bottom so you can see what the column is called. Take care JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 06-01-2021 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:06 PM
JPEE

Old 06-02-2021, 04:45 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i remember once this thread got shut down most of us went to RCgroups
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post47235027
Not much activity there in the past coupe years. I still talk to Dave "choppersrule" occasionally.
JPEE (06-02-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 03:33 PM
choppersrule

Hi guys. It's only been a dozen years of so since I posted last. LMFAO. Those were definitely the good old days.

I'm sure some of the old regulars will be posting again just to see what's going on. I stopped flying helis, shortly after we ended the forum. However I did start to fly the drones a bunch of years ago. I still have a 450 and a 500 heli sitting on the book case. I've got one drone that's I got on line, it's a 400 size or there abouts. I also made two 'H" drones (shape like the letter "H" instead of a "X"

I had a stroke last May, that put me down for a bit. Sometimes I still have short term memory loss. Also, I lost 50% of my eye sight in both eyes. Imagine a straight vertical line down the milddle of your eye and only seeing what's on the left side of the line, in both eyes. It's weird because it effects your balance so much only seeing that little. My eye doctor recommend my not to drive because of the lose of vision. Legally, I can still drive, but opted not to. So I don't drive anymore. Now Liz is my driver. Lmao

Take care guys,

Dave
Old 07-03-2021, 06:45 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Hey Dave, good to see ya still kicking. Glad you are doing somewhat better. I too had a mini stroke 5 years ago and also just recovered from a heart attack in Feb. Note....... Don't smoke for 45 years and expect smooth sailing...lol.
I am currently struggling with my new transmitter, I went budget and bought the hobbyking tx6i. Programming it to my delta wing setup has been a challenge and has frustrated me a few times even watching videos on that with that tx. I am so out of sync with this newfangled technology I guess I must be getting old. Trying to check in more but still have alot of work to catch up on.
I still have that box of cp parts you sent me so many years ago. Used alot of the parts but finally figured out that blade cp's were actually the hardest rc helis to fly known to man. Well, this man anyways. I had much better luck with the bigger ones (T-Rex 450's and a century .60 size)
Has anyone heard from Vic? Hoping he is doing well.
Enough rambling for now, will try to check in more often.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:11 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Vic is still doing OK. He flies a little bit in the backyard and he’s kind of moved over to model railroading. I attached a video that he just posted. He’s doing ok but like the rest of us he’s got health issues but he’s making it. He and I try and exchange an email every other day as to what projects we are both working on.

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 07-03-2021 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:47 PM
ArrowNaughtic

JPEE,
Thanks for the heads up on crash, really miss checking in with that guy.
I had a real love for trains myself, for my 12th birthday my mom got me a 1950's used Lionel O gauge set. When she got sick, her church members helped moved her out ( I lived 60 miles away and could not be there) so they decided that what was in the box was junk and tossed it. But before she passed she bought another one and managed to give it to me before she died. It is one of my most cherished treasures and I bring it out for Xmas when family comes over.
Watched the video and actually peeked in on the other thread you posted on in this same forum. Was that the same track cleaning thing you guys were posting about in that one?
And I know my sig used to be :
Of all the things I ever lost..... I miss my mind the most.....
But the new sign off sig should beI carry ID in my wallet so I can look at my address and know how to get home!