Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC10GT OS .12 CZ problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Gr8Scott95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT OS .12 CZ problem

I have a new-to-me RC10GT with a OS .12 CZ engine that I'm having a little problem with. I can't keep the flywheel tight on the crankshaft. I use the single flat washer against the motor then the little cone shaped washer thing that goes under the flywheel then the flywheel and then the nut that the clutch housing fits on. Am I missing something? Also, what is the best way to tighten that nut down? I might just go buy a new flywheel and see if that will do it as the one that I had was used.

Any seggestions are welcome.

TIA,
Scott U
Old 11-13-2003, 07:24 PM
halatos2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC10GT OS .12 CZ problem

I know this is a very late reply, but on my GT there is no washer between the collet and the crankshaft. The collet should sit down flush with the shoulder on the crank, the flywheel goes on top of that, and then I usually put a little blue loc-tite on the threads before I put the top nut on. I use a pair of channel-locks to hold the flywheel while torquing the center nut. It has to be tight.

Also, if the crank was cut too long you might bottom out the retaining nut before you contact the flywheel. If this is the case you can trim the end of the crank down with a bench grinder, just put the engine in a bag first and poke the crank through, then grind it down. Metal bits in the engine will ruin it in a hurry.

Chris