Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Real Flight EVO 12th gen cpu

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Real Flight EVO 12th gen cpu

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2022, 11:26 AM
randolph h

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Real Flight EVO 12th gen cpu

I purchased the new Real Fight Evolution sim to use on my new game computer. It did not work just starts up and freezes on a page with a model on a runway. I have a new computer that running the 12th gen chip set, nvidia Geforce RTX and all the latest driver updates. Found out the hard way that their simulator will not run on the intel 12 gen chip. Real Flight says it is a intel issue and Intel says it is a Micro Soft issue. Horizon never mentioned this issue in their ads for this product so beware. There may be a patch coming out sometime in the future but who knows. Horizon would not give me a refund because there policy is no refunds on software. So right now I have a $200 paper weight.
The following users liked this post:
MobyDodge (10-26-2023)
Old 12-31-2022, 04:20 PM
tedsander

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

They are refereeing to the graphics handling of the Intel chipset, NOT it's performance as a CPU. As I found on my better laptop, even though you have a great graphics card, the laptop by default doesn't use it! It defaults all graphics to the Intel, probably to meet power usage certifications. You have to disable the Intel graphics, and enable the nvidia. On mine, I had to kill it completely, others may have utilities that allow one or the other graphics system to be used with designated programs.
Old 12-31-2022, 06:56 PM
randolph h

Originally Posted by tedsander
They are refereeing to the graphics handling of the Intel chipset, NOT it's performance as a CPU. As I found on my better laptop, even though you have a great graphics card, the laptop by default doesn't use it! It defaults all graphics to the Intel, probably to meet power usage certifications. You have to disable the Intel graphics, and enable the nvidia. On mine, I had to kill it completely, others may have utilities that allow one or the other graphics system to be used with designated programs.
Thanks for the feedback. I am not a computer savvy person but I get what you are saying. I think part of my problem is that I have an integrated graphics if that makes any sense so it may not be possible to separate the card.
Old 01-01-2023, 06:34 AM
tedsander

Based on what you said about your system, you have both, and they can be separated.
Google "how to switch display adapters", and see what seems to best fit your system.
Easiest if you have "nVidia Control Panel" installed on your computer already (see Google for how to set it to use the nvidia for RF), but there may be a similar program installed by your PC's maker - so you may want to try their site to see if there are any "how-to" directions, before searching for generic Google answers. Just look for the term "display adaptor" (ignore ones about "display devices", or similar, those usually refer to the screens, usually using multiple ones.)

Old 01-01-2023, 09:24 AM
randolph h

Originally Posted by tedsander
Based on what you said about your system, you have both, and they can be separated.
Google "how to switch display adapters", and see what seems to best fit your system.
Easiest if you have "nVidia Control Panel" installed on your computer already (see Google for how to set it to use the nvidia for RF), but there may be a similar program installed by your PC's maker - so you may want to try their site to see if there are any "how-to" directions, before searching for generic Google answers. Just look for the term "display adaptor" (ignore ones about "display devices", or similar, those usually refer to the screens, usually using multiple ones.)
Thx you for the feed back it is greatly appreciated. Just to let you know I have an acer nitro 5 lap top 12th gen intel i7-2700H 2.70 GHz. 16.0 GB RAM 64 bit operating system. Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 I am not comfortable working with the setting on my machine but I know some one who is and will give it a try. Thank you for your help
Old 01-01-2023, 10:45 AM
randolph h

FYI this is what the Real Flight web site says about the 12th gn computers. The integrated graphics processing unit (iGPU) in Intel’s 12th-generation processors is currently incompatible with RealFlight.

To be clear, these Intel CPUs are just fine as processors. There is only a problem if you are also using them to render your graphics. The iGPU is missing support for a particular DirectX 9 feature subset that RealFlight requires.
Old 01-01-2023, 10:56 AM
jcmors

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

DirectX 9 was first released in 2002. That makes it over 20 years old. I'd say that it has gone well beyond any reasonable expectation for compatibility for recent processor and integrated graphics chipsets. The real issue here is that RealFlight needs to update their graphic engine. This is not going to be a trivial or simple undertaking and from what I understand it is being undertaken by realflight but there is no current timeline as to an expected release. You are fortunate to have bought a gaming computer with an actual graphics card that doesn't have to rely on the integrated graphics chipset. There are many who only have the Intel 12th gen graphics to relly on and are completely out of luck for the moment!
Old 01-01-2023, 02:17 PM
tedsander

Originally Posted by jcmors
DirectX 9 was first released in 2002. That makes it over 20 years old. I'd say that it has gone well beyond any reasonable expectation for compatibility for recent processor and integrated graphics chipsets. The real issue here is that RealFlight needs to update their graphic engine. This is not going to be a trivial or simple undertaking and from what I understand it is being undertaken by realflight but there is no current timeline as to an expected release. You are fortunate to have bought a gaming computer with an actual graphics card that doesn't have to rely on the integrated graphics chipset. There are many who only have the Intel 12th gen graphics to relly on and are completely out of luck for the moment!
True to all that! And last time they tried, with Real Flight X, not only did the user base howl loudly about the "high end" computer needed, but they also released it without many of the side features that have been incorporated over the years. (intending to make them available over time in the future as they got the work done). So sales crashed. Now one can bet they will be extra careful to thread the needle better this next time. Which translates into a longer timeline before something comes out.
Old 01-02-2023, 10:13 AM
randolph h

Hello just an update on my experience with getting Real Flight to work on my computer. I found out that this computer has a MUX switch that can channel graphics directly to the Nvidia RTX all you need to do is turn the switch on. The switch on my computer is located in a control panel called Nitro sense. I turned the switch on and now the Real Flight simulator works just fine. I want to thank all of you on this forum for your feed back.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:16 PM
jcmors

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by randolph h
Hello just an update on my experience with getting Real Flight to work on my computer. I found out that this computer has a MUX switch that can channel graphics directly to the Nvidia RTX all you need to do is turn the switch on. The switch on my computer is located in a control panel called Nitro sense. I turned the switch on and now the Real Flight simulator works just fine. I want to thank all of you on this forum for your feed back.
That's what these forums are for! I can't even count the number of times I have had an issue with something and gotten help from someone on the forums! Glad you got your problem fixed. Hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday and have a great year this year!