Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

Removal of Google Ads?

Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

Removal of Google Ads?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2022, 04:56 AM
Turtlejets

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Removal of Google Ads?

Is there any way that the google ads can be removed? Page adds are so annoying! If I pay for a subscription, will they be removed?

Thanks,
Old 01-02-2023, 05:04 AM
rgburrill

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Google is so invasive it gives you a colonoscopy without you even knowing it.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:29 AM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't see any ads (Google, or from anyone else) here on RCU. That is because my browser (Brave - https://brave.com/ ) automatically blocks ads. Some browsers, like Firefox, require the addition of extensions (like AdBlock etc.), and they do a good job of blocking ads.

That's a good statement above, about Google colonoscopies. I have always said that I despise mosquitos, fleas, ticks, leeches, hookworms and tapeworms for the exact same reason that I despise Google. And that's just one side of Google that I despise. Google has another side to it that I despise even worse than its crawl-up-your-butt-and-get-its-little-fingers-into-every-little-aspect-of-your-life side.

Old 01-02-2023, 10:10 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 364 Likes on 293 Posts

Not trying to sound like an ass or anything but you're on a free board, that keeps the lights on by ad revenue support.

Old 01-02-2023, 08:21 PM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Not trying to sound like an ass or anything but you're on a free board, that keeps the lights on by ad revenue support.
Very valid point.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing ads for model-related stuff. But I know they probably don't get enough revenue from just that, especially considering what has/is happened/happening to this industry, and they probably must take every opportunity that they can get.

If this thread had been about just about any vendor other than Google, I probably wouldn't have even replied with the work-around that I use. I guess Google triggers me, almost to the point where I become a Karen.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:49 AM
rgburrill

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Outrider6
Very valid point.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing ads for model-related stuff. But I know they probably don't get enough revenue from just that, especially considering what has/is happened/happening to this industry, and they probably must take every opportunity that they can get.

If this thread had been about just about any vendor other than Google, I probably wouldn't have even replied with the work-around that I use. I guess Google triggers me, almost to the point where I become a Karen.
The ads you see don't have anything to do with how much revenue RCU gets. The ads are picked by Google bots spying on everything you search online.
As I've said many times, ask yourself how a company whose original product was a FREE search engine got to be so big, so fast. And now they have over 90% of the internet sear market.

BING IS YOUR FRIEND.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:13 AM
Turtlejets

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I am aware of that, which is precisely why I asked the question, 'If I pay for a subscription, will they be removed?'
Old 01-07-2023, 11:27 AM
Turtlejets

No bother, thanks all. I've solved it now by switching my VPN's ads blocker on . Zero ads now.

Last edited by Turtlejets; 01-07-2023 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Typo