Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Chief Katana building questions?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Chief Katana building questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 12:40 AM
C. Spencer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chief Katana building questions?

I'm just starting on Chief Katana 140, and for anyone that has put one together, I have the following questions.
Is the wing designed to be taken off for transport?
Did you use the two springs?
Would it be better to install wooden wing alignment dowels instead of the metal ones supplied?
Did anyone convert the canopy into a removeable hatch?
The design of this plane seem pretty goofy to me, but I haven't been back in the hobby for too long. Thanks for any input.

Cliff
Old 11-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: Chief Katana building questions?

Cliff,

there is a large thread in the ARF forum about the Katana. I think it is around 11 pages now. Lots of good info, mods and such.

Jon
Old 11-14-2003, 08:36 AM
jlpride

Default RE: Chief Katana building questions?

I have been flying mine for about a week. I used the metal alignment dowels and have not used the springs yet. I run a Brison 2.4 on mine and it flies good. I am trying to get used to the bigger plane and have landed in the high grass once. I ripped the landing gear and the wood it was attached to right off the plane! It took me about an hour or so to fix. This also allowed me to add another inspection hatch just in front of the landing gear. This is very helpful when tightening the engine bolts and checking the repair on the landing gear. I am not experienced enough in modeling to convert the canopy to a hatch, though I think there is a thread that talks about doing it.

Jeff