Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

is the hyper pcr out??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 07:43 PM
MrSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the hyper pcr out??

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p597.html it says ultimate hobbies has it, is this true?? i am getting and other nitro tuck/ buggy for christmas and i have had my heart set on the savage 25 but my brother just got a sportmaxx and i drove it and it handles so horrible compared to my gt and it flips so easily so i started thinkin about a buggy...is this better that the pbs? does it have 4wd? this looks sweet but i'm tryin to figure out if i'd dlike this or a savage 25 better for just bashing and jumping and runnin around in some grass...help...lol.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:15 PM
dagass

Default RE: is the hyper pcr out??

As you have found, there are a few stores that have the new PCR. It's a great buggy and thats a real good price. Yes it's 4wd and as far as if it's better than the PBS, thats a tough call. It's basically the same car with the exception of the new "lay down" servo setup. The buggy versus MT debate will rage on forever with the MT guys on one side of the fence and the buggy guys on the other. Pesonally, I prefer buggies because of the power and performance. MT's can drive over bigger things but to me, that's not what bashing is all about. When I think of bashing, I think of jumping, hi speed turns, rooster tails in the dirt and flat out speed.

The Savage is a great truck and if I were to buy an MT, that would be my choice. Bottom line is that you really can't go wrong with either. Both are great but I would have to give the edge to buggy in fun and performance.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:12 PM
MrSavage

thanks a lot dagass, so if i got the pcr i would have to buy a dang starter box? that would be another $100 dollas outa my pocket that i don't have much of. buggies look really cool but the savage 25 is looking better to me because of the fact that it's cheaper, bigger, my lhs carries it, and i want somthing different from my gt and the savage 25 seems more different than a buggy. i kno buggies are far superior to my little st, lol but i think an mt is better for me because i think i'll be looking to tackle rougher terrain. so you think the 25 is a good choice as as mt? i kno its suppose to be real durable which is good because i'm use to driving a farely durable car, having a tank(well as tankish as st's come) like a rc10gt. thanks again dag.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:25 PM
dagass

The PCR somes with a pullstart so you wouldn't need a starterbox (Woo Hoo!) . If you're leaning towards a MT though, from what I've seen, the Savage is the way to go. Aftermarket support is growing by leaps and bounds and the fact that your LHS carries it is a huge plus.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:51 PM
NitroFreak

plus the PCR comes with a starter box,ignitor and fuel bottle.. well at least me PBS with PCR upgrade did..
Old 11-14-2003, 07:19 AM
studysession

I am not sure if the PCR shown in that add comes with the starter box. It does come with pull start and that is good enough. JMO
Old 11-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Henderson

MT or 1/8 buggy? It's a no brainer.

Pull the body off a Savage and a Hyper 7. Compare the two. Look at how a 1/8 buggy is built compared to a monster truck. Next, go to a track. Watch the Savages pogo-stick over the jumps and sway around the corners like baby hippos wallowing in a river bottom. Observe as the 1/8 scale buggies carve corners and use the Savages as berms on their way to clearing the triples. Note that these same characteristics apply to bashing too. Now put the Savage back on the shelf next to the other Toys R Us trucks and go buy that new PCR.

The one in the ad comes with pull start but you can get it with a non pull start and starter box like the PBS. Not sure of the price difference between the two. I personally prefer starter boxes because non pull start engines eliminate moving parts, weight and problems.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:46 AM
dagass

Watch the Savages pogo-stick over the jumps and sway around the corners like baby hippos wallowing in a river bottom
That's classic!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 10:49 AM
studysession

[&:]