Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyone seen / run the RB V15?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 12:57 AM
hairnutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone seen / run the RB V15?

If so, what do you think? Is it as awesome as it sounds? I need an engine and would like the fastest one I can get - not racing it. Cant find the RPM's for it... RB doesnt list HP ratings either - not that they would be accurate.

http://www.rbproducts.com/rbww/engines2.5/indexrb15.htm
http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2....th=108_146_278
Old 11-12-2003, 08:30 PM
hairnutz

Default RE: Anyone seen / run the RB V15?

So, no then?
Old 11-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Nitroaddict

i just purchased an RB V12 Rody 5port turbo - it will be here on friday, so i will give u a heads up on performance. ask rody himself about the power and performance, he is really nice on the RB chat board. if u want the best, pass on the 15, and go with the modified 12. rody himself says its a better mill.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:52 PM
hairnutz

sounds good!

Better? By better, do you mean more power and speed?
Old 11-13-2003, 08:46 AM
Nitroaddict

Rody says that the V12 rody 5pT is a better engine than the 15, says the 15 is too new, which is why he wont mod it. also says that the v12 rody 5pT is alot faster than the v15. about the same price, the v12 rody 5pT is about 395.00

also - unless u have a serpent - u cant use the V15. it has a special crank that allows use only in a serpent. u couls use it in other 3 belt cars such as the reflex, mtx3, v1rr, and r40 - but u would need the serpent centax and some other hardware. that'll run you about another 140.00
Old 11-13-2003, 07:20 PM
hairnutz

Just curious if any other specs are available for the V15 such as RPM?

Im very interested in this engine but have also heard the .12 is a better engine? I want the faster / more powerful of the two so which would you suggest? Or is there another choice thats faster / more powerful?

Its going into a NTC3 that wont be used for racing - I just want to get it as fast as I can
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB Products - Rody
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 11-13-2003 11:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The V15 is the absolute faster engine compared to a V12 engine, you have to try it to believe it...

Thats a post from Rody yesterday saying the V15 is faster. ?? Now Im confused ??

That sucks about not working in a TC3 due to Serpent shaft.... Do they make an adapter for it?
Old 11-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Nitroaddict

i think he is referring to the fact that the V15 is faster than the V12, but it isnt faster than the V12Rody.

btw - no matter how hard u try, an SG? shaft will never fit into a shaft drive car. it wont work for the NTC3
Old 11-13-2003, 11:13 PM
hairnutz

is SG the same as Serpent shaft? If so, the manual shows what parts to put on an SG shaft which are included with the kit.

Page 23 step 3

Their manual is on Team Associated's site - its in Manual B. A B and C are the same manual, just split up for faster download I guess.

So, if thats the case, do you think it will work?

If the .12 Rody is faster, how much do they run normally?
Old 11-14-2003, 08:42 AM
Nitroaddict

okay - i went back and read the manual in my NTC3 kit. myolder version wasnt set up to allow a pilot/SG shaft at all. i see they have now fixed that. although i am not positive, i think the serpent SG shaft is longer than a std SG shaft, check that out. If it is, then u cant use it on the NTC3. If it is the exact same as a regular SG/Pilot shaft then u can.

The V12Rody lists for 425.00 - but i have seen it around for about 370.00
Old 11-14-2003, 12:42 PM
dg2b

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddict

i just purchased an RB V12 Rody 5port turbo - it will be here on friday, so i will give u a heads up on performance. ask rody himself about the power and performance, he is really nice on the RB chat board. if u want the best, pass on the 15, and go with the modified 12. rody himself says its a better mill.
I'm Jealous (with a capital J) man!!! Let us know how it is and if it spanks many of the other engines. So your track allows turbos or are you running outlaw.

hairnutz - sorry for littering your thread.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Nitroaddict

the local tracks for regional races allow me to run that engine. For state series races, i have to run in outlaw class.