Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 9503 aileron differential

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 08:42 AM
donsellers
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9503 aileron differential

Setting controls on my Zirolli 70 inch P47. I can set the 3/4 up and 5/8 down on the aileron which is plugged into the receiver ail. port. When i go to the mix function and assign the ail. as master and aux 2 as the slave I am unable to give it any values. I can't locate the screen under the function list that is shown on page 33 in the manual. Also, do I really need this mix for it to fly good? Wouldnt some rudder do almost as good? Been out of the hobby for some time anf just now getting back in. Might just be me but Im finding this radio some complicated to use. thanks
Old 06-10-2023, 04:07 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I am in correctly reading your question, you are using AUX2 as your left aileron through a program mix. If true, you are programming your transmitter in a manner it was not designed to handle. Whenever you have dual control surfaces such as dual ailerons, dual elevators, dual rudder or dual flaps, use the WING TYPE menu and not a program mix. When you use the WING TYPE menu to set up a dual control, the transmitter will recognize the pair channel to be a dual surface and not some channel connected to the master channel in a program mix. It will make available greyed out menus that can only be used with paired dual channels. Using a program mix, the transmitter thinks that you have a single servo aileron.

If your aircraft has no flaps but dual ailerons, the easiest way to program the WING TYPE menu is to set “Wing:” to FLAPERON. This will enable the ailerons to work as flaperons through the FLAP SYS menu, if you wish. It will also enable the AIL DIFF. menu.

If your plane has actual flaps, set the “Wing:” to NORMAL and use the lower half the menu to assign the left aileron (and the left flap, if you have dual flaps) channels. You can only pick those channels whose output is set to INH in Devic. SEL menu. All this is described in the 9503 manual. Using a program mix for dual control surfaces was a common mistake. Mostly it was noticed when the left aileron couldn’t be trimmed.

Allan
Old 06-10-2023, 06:43 PM
donsellers
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Allen...I will try to look at this tomorrow. thanks for the reply. Don
Old 06-11-2023, 03:43 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It’s been a while since I’ve used my 9303 (practically the same as the 9503). Last night I took a look at it and I should add these comments. First, when the FLAPERON wing type is chosen, the left aileron uses the FLAP channel. There’s no getting around that. In the Device Sel, the bottom row is the output status of the GEAR channel through AUX4 channel. When a channel’s OUT is selected and the selector roller is pressed, the status can be changed. The FLAP channel output has three options: ACT, SYS, and INH.

The FLAP SW, the three-position, long lever on the front left, is the default controlling device for the flap. If the ACT output option is chosen, the ailerons will operate as flaps and they will either go 100% up or down if the switch is not in position 1.

If SYS option is chosen the same happens except the amount of movement is determined by the values in the Function List’s FLAP SYS menu. Also, the menu allows you to specify the amount of elevator compensation.

If the INH option is chosen for the FLAP output, the lever is disabled. Many people whose planes have dual ailerons but don’t want the flaperon action, used this setup. However, the same result can be obtained by selecting the NORMAL wing type and then use the bottom of menu to pair the channel chosen for the left aileron to the AIL channel.