Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

TURBINE RULES

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TURBINE RULES

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 05:10 AM
NdFrSpeed
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBINE RULES

Ok guys heres your chance to do something about your rules.There holding off on putting the new rules into effect till they get more input.Now I've been reading on all these posts,and I can see there are some pretty level headed thinkers here.First thing you do is get with the JPO and AMA and get a copy of the proposed new rules for the reason you want to help make things workable for all concered.I'm sure the JPO should be willing to help,but you have to stay smart about it.Belive me I know there are enough Jet Drivers writing in this post with enough common sense to help come up with good workable new rule changes.You got the rules held off,now make them better and get them passed.MY THOUGHS.Thrust issue.

Thrust to wieght ratio
1=No Turbine Powered aircraft may exceed the power to weight ratio of 90% of the loaded take off weight,,,28lb plane, .90% times 28lbs=25.2 lbs of thrust.34lb plane times .90%=30.6 lbs of thrust.( same as .9 to 1 ratio ) now but with a few exceptions.

exception (a) Twin Turbine aircraft of the Scale of 1/7 and larger may exceed this rule.But may not exceed a 1 to 1 ratio.

exception (b) any single engine turbine aircraft may exceed this rule,BUT IS REQUIRED TO HAVE A SPEED LIMITEING DEVICE TO KEEP THE SPEED BELOW 200 MPH.

Now I'm pretty sure none of the manufactures of the large twins will tell you that there planes are made to fly faster then about 150 to 175 max so that should take of them,also that should take care of both the THRUST AND SPEED LIMITER PROBLEM.
You could also say,any Manufactures plane that is built to exceed 200 MPH is also requied to have a speed limiting device.

I'm just trying to give you guys some Ideas ,I'm telling you,you guys can get this done for yourselves,but you HAVE TO BE SMART ABOUT IT AND WORK WITH THE JPO AND AMA.

Now your not going to be able to please everybody,but its going to have to be majority type deal,like take my ideas on thrust,if you dont think it works good,then work on it untill you come up with something that will, then get a hold of the JPO and say OK,now hows this.

Love to Watch Jets
NrFrSpeed