Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

wren 54

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

wren 54

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 12:55 PM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wren 54

I just put my wren together and have put 4 runs on it. I have a few questions for you wren users. What position do you put your temp probe at, looking at it from the rear, what temp's are you running and mine seem's to idle at 50,000 to 60,000 what can I do about that?
Thanks George
Old 11-14-2003, 01:22 PM
UK Flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wren 54

Hi George

Hope you enjoyed those first runs as much as I did, big WOW factor.

I have my Wren in a Super Reaper, its convenient for me to mount the base of the probe on the wooden engine mounting block the tip enters the jet flow at about 2'oclock and for about 3mm.

As for temperature it sits between 450 and 500 deg. Peaks at 650 on start-up as it accelerates to 160000 and at other times during rapid acceleration, but then it quickly settles down to around 500 deg. Thats at an ambient of about 20C 68F.

As for the idle revs, mine faithfully follows what i dial into the FADEC which is the Gaspar Espielle Autostart version. I have mine set to 45000. never had a flame out starts are instant no wet starts either, so I'm happy.

So if your not happy with 50-60000 really depends on your fadec/ecu as to what you do next. also on the pump and its ability to deliver consistent small amounts of fuel at idle. I just bought the pump from wren that matches the ecu. run it for a couple of hours to run it in, the fadec/ecu does the rest by learning from the first run how it needs to control the pump and setting the values in its memory.

Not an expert as I havent had the wren long myself but thought I would share what I have.

Regards John
Old 11-14-2003, 01:31 PM
UK Flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is a graph (if it works) of a short run and a longer run. to give you an idea of what mine is like while on the test bench.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50848.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	74705  
Old 11-15-2003, 04:57 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello John,

I see that you succeded in downloading the measures from your FADEC. Also I see that the peak EGT in the start is only 650ºC, you have a nice and cold engine!. Congrats!.

GAspar
Old 11-15-2003, 05:50 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info John. I e-mailed wren they said to start it and let it idle and the FADEC will slow down the engine real slow, tell it learns how much fuel it needs to pump at idle. I did this and every thing is fine. I moved the temp sensor to the four o'clock position and the temp is now 630 to 645 deg at 160000 rpm.
Thanks George