Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

"WARLORD! The last Canadian Sherman...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

"WARLORD! The last Canadian Sherman...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2024, 06:00 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts
Default "WARLORD! The last Canadian Sherman...

Greetings and thanks for looking!
As I say in the video at the bottom, this is a representation of the last operating Sherman in the Canadian Armed Forces. In the late 60's and early 70's the last Shermans were being struck off the inventories of reserve units across Canada and DND was not supplying any funding to keep them running. The Ontario Regiment
was able to keep operating one squadron on strength for the sole reason that their former Honorary Colonel at the time was Sam McLaughlin. "Colonel Sam" as he was affectionately known was still the Chairman of the Board of General Motors Canada and would help maintain this squadron by having them drive the Shermans down to the GM plant at the end of the training season and would have his engineers and mechanics do maintenance and restoration on them through the winter so they would be in tip top shape for the spring training season. The Ontario Regiment decided for his 99th birthday that they would parade the Shermans past his house. The story goes the RSM of the Regiment went out with a marker, made the patterns, told them what colours to use, the names, Vehicle identification numbers, and the parade was
done to much fanfare!. Fast forward to 2024 and the decision by the museum was made to transform the M4A2(76)W HVSS Gate Guard into "WARLORD" as a representation of one the last operational Shermans in Canadian Service. I will be posting pics of the 1:1 scale real thing on FB and still shots of the model so you can see the detailing involved. Still waiting on exhausts coming from a buddy in the UK and then it will be complete... This tank is actually a Tamiya lower and Upper hull modified of course, and married with a Taigen metal turret, the Clark Board, upgraded speaker, metal tracks, etc... As always subscribe to my channel to see lots of neat RC tanks and video from our battlefield. And if you are ever in the Waterloo, ON, Canada area feel free to come out and check out the CanAm RC Tank Club KW
Garrison field!

TXS Dean

The following users liked this post:
tankme (09-26-2024)
Old 09-26-2024, 12:29 PM
Richie.FL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your work is so good! I couldn't even tell it was a comparsion till I looked hard at it!
Old 09-28-2024, 01:41 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks so much Richie! And here is a little video from our battlefield today...

The following users liked this post:
tankme (09-28-2024)