Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

H9 Taylorcraft and DLE 20

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

H9 Taylorcraft and DLE 20

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:17 PM
ron9844
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Taylorcraft and DLE 20

Anyone using this combo, How is the match any problems fitting the engine. How does it fly/ power.

Thanks

Ron
Old 06-16-2011, 06:14 PM
bevo2

Default RE: H9 Taylorcraft and DLE 20

I have this plane with a Zenoah 26; also have a dle 20 on a different plane. They turn the same prop at 8400=8600 rpm so power should be fine on the T'craft. Only problem might be cg- the 26 is more than a pound heavier and the T'craft balanced easily with the 26 including 2 fairly heavy batteries as far forward as I could get them.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:42 AM
willig10

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: H9 Taylorcraft and DLE 20

I had the new Hangar 9 Taylorcraft. If you balance per the manual using the lighter 20cc engines you will have to add ballast weight on the firewall. I used a Zenoah G-26ei on mine and both receiver and ignition batteries were placed on either side of the fuel tank. I still had to add 14 ounces of lead to the firewall. I could have removed some weight after a few flights. My all up weight with no fuel was 15 pounds and some ounces.

That said, when you balance the plane it will be done with an empty fuel tank. Depending on how you fly. You can add subtract weight as neccessary to get the CG where you want it. Bear in mind that the desired cg is with either neutral or slightly nose down attitude.

There is a huge thread here on RCU about the Taylorcraft. Read the posts and you can see that some of the guys are flying fine with a rearward CG.

The plane is excellent and you will have that WOW factor when it is assembled at the field. The plane flies on rails when it is in trim and doing slow show passes down the flight line are way cool. I wish I would have got some video of mine flying before I sold it.

Good luck. The DLE is a good engine. I have the DLE-55 on my Morrisey Bravo. If you go to you tube and look up Morrisey Bravo Maiden you can see my maiden flight and landing.

Glenn Williams
Old 10-05-2024, 02:56 AM
Alpilot

What gas engines work with Henger 9 Taylorcraft?