Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

3D Printable 1/16 RC Tanks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

3D Printable 1/16 RC Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2024, 05:57 PM
bowlman

Received 131 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme
Inkor was on the Discord server today saying he didn't think it would and that the M48 had slightly different dimensions than the M60.
yep it does may be latter he will add the M48A3 back end like he did the turret for the M60A3 .
Old 09-02-2024, 08:21 AM
bowlman

TAM

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/tam-rc_3d_tanks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanque_Argentino_Mediano

Thanks
jimmy

The following users liked this post:
tankme (09-02-2024)
Old 09-26-2024, 02:33 PM
Richie.FL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time I look there I wish I had a 3d printer.
Old 09-26-2024, 04:04 PM
bowlman

M3 Grant / Lee

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/m3-grant-lee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_Lee
Thanks
Jimmy

Richie.FL (09-26-2024)
Old 09-26-2024, 04:41 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie.FL
Every time I look there I wish I had a 3d printer.

Get a Bambu X1C & you'll never look back. I gave up my Ender Pro 3 & now have both a Bambu P1S & X1C.

Another new option to consider is the new Qidi Plus4 that was just released. Looks very good.
Old 09-26-2024, 04:46 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RSO/01 Flak 38

Not 1/16 but can be scaled down. Just started on the hull yesterday & doing test prints of the Flak 38

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/steyr-rso-01

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/vari...i-aircraft-gun
Old 09-26-2024, 08:29 PM
tankme

Received 226 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by herrmill
Get a Bambu X1C & you'll never look back. I gave up my Ender Pro 3 & now have both a Bambu P1S & X1C.

Another new option to consider is the new Qidi Plus4 that was just released. Looks very good.
My Bambu X1C is constantly printing tanks or tank parts... It's busy printing a Russian T-35A at the moment.
Old 09-28-2024, 02:51 PM
Richie.FL

Say I'm on a budget of $200 or less, what do you suggest?
Old 09-29-2024, 12:57 PM
bowlman

I went the other way got a K1 Max last spring I like it a lot the build volume is nice at 300x300 now just got to figure out what to do with my older printers .
Thanks
Jimmy
Old 10-01-2024, 01:31 PM
bowlman

MBT-70

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/mbt-70
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBT-70
Thanks
Jimmy

Old 10-01-2024, 11:41 PM
Durahl

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Exclamation Just don't...

Say I'm on a budget of $200 or less, what do you suggest?
You get what you pay for and with 200.- you get **** that will drive you up the wall and away from 3D Printing in no time so I'd suggest you save up until your budget is that of a Bambu Labs 3D Printer that seems to have stood the test of time.
Practically everyone who owned EITHER a Prusa but in particular ANY of its ten thousand Ender / Creality Clones SWEARS by the quality of a Bambu Lab - Sure, you can still end up with a 🍋 but that can be send back for a replacement unlike your sanity after two dozen failed Prints.
I for one have gone with an entirely different route that of D.I.Y. which ain't for everyone and with a budget of 200.- definitely not for you.
Old 10-02-2024, 12:37 PM
tankme

The Bambu A1 and A1 mini aren't bad choices, but they will be slightly more than $200. They are small, but 3D printing is a hobby all in itself with it's own learning curve. Some don't like it for that aspect. They just want to print accessories while people like me print whole tanks up to 1/6th scale on my Bambu X1C.
Old 10-02-2024, 09:14 PM
Durahl

The A1 without the AMS can supposedly be had for less than 300.- and the Combo with the AMS for a bit more than 400.-
IMHO I find it a no brainer to go with the Combo as it opens up so many possibilities not only for Inlay Work but also the ability to print Parts with easier to remove Supports.
Also the build volume of 256mm³ one can print a lot... I've back then printed my huge ass Dining Lamp on a comparably sized - but slow as molasses - Prusa i3 MK3S.
Old 10-03-2024, 11:59 AM
tankme

I would agree with the AMS even if you don't do multicolor work. I like it simply because I load the same material in multiple slots and let it autoswitch when a roll runs out. I don't sell my prints so slight differences in finish or color don't matter to me as I paint pretty much all my 3D prints.
bowlman (10-03-2024)
Old 10-05-2024, 09:49 AM
Richie.FL

Originally Posted by tankme
The Bambu A1 and A1 mini aren't bad choices, but they will be slightly more than $200. They are small, but 3D printing is a hobby all in itself with it's own learning curve. Some don't like it for that aspect. They just want to print accessories while people like me print whole tanks up to 1/6th scale on my Bambu X1C.
I looked at it a bit more and I could go a bit over budget to get it, but I am wondering what I should know about those 3d printers before I get one, I fear that research alone will not get accurate results on the printers performance.
Old Today, 12:44 PM
Durahl

I looked at it a bit more and I could go a bit over budget to get it, but I am wondering what I should know about those 3d printers before I get one, I fear that research alone will not get accurate results on the printers performance.
This is
which just so happens to be taking a Bambu Labs A1 ( with an optionally attached AMS Lite ) as an Example.
IMHO - To get the most out of a 3D Printer you'd want to familiarize yourself with a CAD ( or 3D Modelling ) Program of your choice as pretty much only with that will you be able to make your own model that will EXACTLY meet your needs.

To clarify - A CAD Program is used to make the 3D Model which then gets imported into the Slicer which translates the 3D Model into something akin of an MRI for the 3D Printer.
While a Slicer can have some very rudimentary 3D Modelling capabilities ( literally just placing shapes and changing their sizes ) I'd highly suggest not putting your bets on those to solve most if any of your needs.

My personal suggestion for one such CAD Model would be Autodesk Fusion ( formerly known as Fusion 360 or in short F360 ) as it is a highly intuitively to use Program which - with limitations - can still be used for free.
What I absolutely recommend to stay away from as far as possible would be FreeCAD and OpenSCAD - In terms of a User Experience they're about the worst Programs I've ever seen ( and dabbled in ).
I'd also stay away from CAD Software aimed at Kids like TinkerCAD ( also made by Autodesk ) as the way how it does "CAD" isn't really how CAD is done essentially crippling your potential.

Now as for the biggest 3D Printer specific things to learn about is that not every Material can be printed on every 3D Printer...
PLA you should be able to do on pretty much any 3D Printer including the bottom of the barrel ones. ABS and the likes you'll generally want to do on 3D Printers that have an Enclosure as these materials have a tendency to warp if a breeze of cold / fresh air moves over them. Some materials will also only work best with certain types of Beds to be printed on while others are to be avoided with them ( essentially fusing with the bed destroying it ). Those are things you'll have to study up on ( or pay the price of acquired knowledge ;D ).
I for one only print in ASA ( the lesser A-Hole Cousin of ABS ) as it is a material that is still reasonably easy to work with ( in an enclosed 3D Printer ) and one which is pretty much unaffected by potential outdoor use ( ABS degrades in UV-Light ).

ASA was also the Material I've predominantly used ( besides some Resin 3D Prints and metal cast Parts ) in the build of my self designed, 3D printed, assembled, painted, weathered, etc... E-100:

ASA is also quite nice as the welds from using a suitable glue are pretty much that - Welds as in practically turning two pieces into akin to Scale Model Plastics unlike PLA whose glue Joints have never really impressed me.