Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

SAND IN THE MOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 01:18 PM
johnnyride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAND IN THE MOTOR

i rolled my car on the baseball daimond the car died right away but when i turned over the air filter was off i saw some sand in the carb. think everything is ok. how should i go about cleaning it. i havent ran it since it flipped.

another question is how good should my brakes work. when i hit the brakes it takes a while to slow down. my brothers car stops quickly so im wondering. should i get a new brake system or can i adjust mine.

how do you get tires off the rims that are already been glued. i want to put foam inserts in.[:@]
Old 11-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: SAND IN THE MOTOR

if u are SURE that engine has indeed entered the combustion chamber, you will need to take the piston/sleeve/conrod out and check for damage. u may need replacement parts.

if u feel the brakes are fading, u can adjust the tension at the collars on the rods.

the easiest way to remove tires is by boiling them.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:16 PM
johnnyride

im not sure it entered the cumbustion chamber.is there a way to be sure

how long should i boil the tires.

whats the easiast way to start the motor without taking off the air filter and putting fuel in the carb . thats what the manuel said to do.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Varad

Yeah be sure and make sure the engine isnt hydralocked (jammed up to where it locks) (in other words dont just keep turning the flywheel over and over agian until this happens as im sure you must know.)
Old 11-17-2003, 05:42 PM
rocd

If you are confident in your mechanical ability I would take the engine apart and clean it rather than take the chance of the sand ruining your motor. With the tolerances as close as they are in these motors, even one grain of sand could ruin it in a hurry. As for the tires, I usually bring a big pot of water to a boil, and then throw the tires in for about five minutes. Then I turn off the heat and let them sit in the pot for another five min. BE VERY CAREFUL when you take the tires off! The water inside the tires can remain hot for a while.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:34 PM
johnnyride

i took the motor apart and everything looked clean. i had a hard time starting it but i got it going. i only ran it for five minutes and it seemed ok . im gonna take outside later and open her up and see how she runs then.so lets hope for the best.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:49 AM
hairnutz

A higher torque servo for the throttle / brake can also grealy increase your stopping power. While its not necessary per most kits instructions, the higher torque applies more pressure to the pad / disc and gives more stopping power. This doesnt mean your problem is your servo, this is just a suggestion / tip.