Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Funtana and OS 91FX

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Funtana and OS 91FX

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 11:34 PM
Brett_ty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funtana and OS 91FX

I know that this topic has been covered to death in other threads (spent the last three hours pouring over them) But I have a specific question that I didn't see covered. I have the plane in the box, and the 91FX engine on the shelf....Not owning a four-stroke I am thinking of putting in the 91FX in the funtana but am a little concerned. From doing searches and such I see that most success is with a Saito 100 (weight of both the 91FX and Satio 100 are around 20oz). The power match is a little off..but I do most of my flying at 5000ft so the extra power would be nice. I was wondering if anyone out there is flying a 91FX in their Funtana or if they witness anybody doing such. Any comments concerning this setup would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Brett
Old 11-24-2003, 11:44 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Funtana and OS 91FX

yes i have and the 91 fx has less power than a satio 100 same as satio 91 it worked fine i just like fore strokes i gusse it flys slower with the 100 with the same prop

2 stroke= speed 4 stroke= going strait up
Old 11-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Stick Jammer

The OS .91FX is close to 25 ounces with a muffler. Probably a bit too much for the Funtana.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:33 PM
emilmendoza

Hi Brett:

I have one Funtana with the OS 91 fx with a pitts muffler, and the plane balanced OK with the batteries below the cabin ( 1450 Nicd), without any aditional weigth. I have to cut the cowling in the head of the engine, because the plug and the top of the engine head were touching the cowling, but it looks good. I´m living in Mexico City, and fly in a club that is located in one of the highest location near the city (aprox. 2800 meters high), so my conditions are very similar to your´s. I will test a Zinger 14X5 and a Master 14 x 6 in the first flight, that I hope will be this weekend, I will post what happened to you.
Sorry my english [&:]

Emilio Mendoza
Old 11-27-2003, 03:03 PM
awat65
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Saito 100 bhp=1.8 Saito 91 bhp=1.6 91Fx bhp=2.7 So how does the Saito have more power than the OS?
Old 11-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

hadnt someone told you not to listen to what the engine manufacture they say it about it dont mean it true the satio spins the same prop faster bhp means as much as nothing as to what engine has more power the os is a dog a bow wow wows not good in this case i have had the same plane with both engine well not the same plane i bought a new one for the good engine the satio it pull out da hover faster turn the same prop faster has more pull so i think it has more power

why did you list the satio 91 how did it get in the plane game spend 20 dollars more get the 100 be done with it

any way i think my funtana will out pull the one i have saw fly but my engine is not stock and its liter than one with a satio 72
any way you really cant rely on what the engine manufactor tell you its hard sell a under powered and over priced engine

i run the same fuel in both engine and satio kicked the os bad

you have to remember the satio powered funtana is a lot liter to
Old 12-04-2003, 01:06 PM
emilmendoza

Hi Brett:

I flew the funtana with the OS .91 two strokes last weekend, and it is a good combo, not as better than a four strokes, but I like it . I used a master 14x6 and I think that the plane must fly better with a 15x4, the os .91 with the 14X6 made the funtana fly faster than I want for this type of airplane. I didn´t made hovers or 3D , only normal and simple acrobatic maneuvers (rolls, loops, snapsrolls, splitS, etc), and all the time have half throttle or less, so the engine must be sufficient for 3D. It take off with 2/3 throttle in a short lenght of distance.
Only made bigger the holes in front of the cowling, and be secure to made a good exit for the air in the cowling, because the OS.91 can overheating very quickly.

Emilio
I fly better than my english