Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

why isnt my g26 not sucking fuel when i try to prime it?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

why isnt my g26 not sucking fuel when i try to prime it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 02:32 PM
faisalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why isnt my g26 not sucking fuel when i try to prime it?

I purchased a Zenoah G-26 for my hangar9 cessna. today i tried to start the engine but i am facing one problem. When i try to prime the engine by closing the choke and turning the prop i cannot see any fuel coming into the carburetor. ive closed and opened the throttle but still the fuel does not go to the engine when i try to prime it. My fuel tank and clunk are all set up correctly. when i try to blow from the vent line the fuel from the clunk line comes out fine but when i attach the line to the carburetor no matter how much i blow the fuel doesnt go to the carburetor. Any idea what is causing this?
Old 12-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: why isnt my g26 not sucking fuel when i try to prime it?

Only thing that can cause the carb to not work is a leak somewhere between the cylinder and the carb..There are two different carb insulator blocks, the original and the Horizon replacement to rotate the carb..Take the carb and insulator block off the engine..You will see a small hole in the cylinder under the inslulator block..The hole corresponds to the same size hole in the insulator block..Check to see that the gasket is in place, then put the block back on..You should feel a puff of air from the small hole when you turn the engine over...The carb will only work one way, try turning it 180 degrees...
Old 12-06-2003, 10:53 PM
JimRoss

It might be because you mounted the carbueretor backwards after taking it off to see what was wrong with it or because you have the needles closed too far.
The throttle needs to be opened and the choke closed with the needle valves set to the manufacturers recommended starting settings.
Also check to see if the carb is tight onto the engine and there are no leaks in the fuel line.

JimRoss
Old 12-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also the diaphram needle valve could be stuck shut from sitting. If all else fails, take off the carb steel cover with the four screws. Take off the diaphram,push down on the lever arm in he middle of the carb till it hits bottom. reassemble. If valve is stuck shut fuel cannot flow through the carb. You may not need to take off the carb to do this.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:29 PM
geoff_nwt

Hi I had a similar problem after a small bump in my case it turned out to be abit of dirt
But on investigation of that problem I was reliably told that you can not force fuel into the carb through coursing back pressure in the fuel tank and that the carb works on a suction principle (only)
It can all so take allot longer to prime a new engine because every think is dry you can help it along at first by injecting some fuel into the carb and a small amount into the bore through the spark plug hole

Geoff