Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

How to Mount Kill Switch??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Varad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Mount Kill Switch??

Hello. Im new to gasoline engines and have a Zenoah G45. I recently purchased the Zenoah kill switch [link=http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=ZEN20000]http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=ZEN20000[/link]
Okay this sounds like i really dont know what im doing but see the Connector that looks like a christmas light?? I know where that plugs into. The other one (metal thing that kinda looks like a fork) I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE IT GOES!! I read the engine instructions and the switch instructions only tell you how to mount it on the fuselage. Thanks in advance for help.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:49 PM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: How to Mount Kill Switch??

That goes to a ground. That is how that type of kill switch works, it grounds out the circuit and kills the motor. Are you using a metal motor mount, if you are then that would go to one of the bolts.

John
Old 12-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Varad

Yes i am using a metal mount. So sandwich that between the mount and bolt and it should work?? Anything else i should know about??
Old 12-09-2003, 07:53 PM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

Make sure the switch is easy to get to, what plane are you putting this in? Are you going to use a servo for the choke? You want to make sure you have more than 1 method of killing the motor.

John